My thoughts on YushengDu's 3.47 3x3 WR that shook the world.


This WR was set like a week ago, so the reason I didn't write this before was because it took me a long time to write this post I forgot.

I HAVE PRROF THAT I FOUND OUT THE DAY THE WR WAS SET.


Anyway, my initial reaction was

WAIT. WUT.

I, like everyone else thought that MoYu was trolling(i saw it on moyus instagram page) because he wasn't like smiling or anything. I figured that it would take time for the video to come out, and I was hyped to see it.
Image result for yusheng du 3x3 single
But then after thinking about it, although I had a huge amount of doubt in my head, I believed it.


3.47
this dude broke the WR my nearly a second. The first official sub 4 was a sub 3.5. As you can see, I didn't link anything to his solve.


HOW. HO
And this guy normally averages 9 seconds.

Litearlly two hours after, LazerM0nkey published his reconstruction, and it was seriously the easiest every. Double x-cross to preserve two free pairs, and the other two pairs were easy. He got a back sune and PLL skip, somehting he didn't even need.

Good for him to recognize the Backsune, as if he did anti-sune it wouldn't have been a PLL skip, and if I were him I would've literally just given up on preserving two pairs.

So yeah it was all legit.

But it was just insane. There was no footage of it, I mean there was a security camera angle, but it didn't show anything. 
I'm still in shock, and I kinda hate this record, as it was literally raw luck and it won't motivate people to try to beat this, as the gap is just incredible. Obviously congrats to this dude though

I mean, it'll motivate people to get second place WR lol.

It's still just incredible. This guy got 13k. MoYu really got the advertising done, as they gave up 13k but put this out there, and will really have people use their cubes now just for the money thing. The bad stuff is that there's no BLD representation, although I don't do BLD(trynna learn lol). 

Now how long do I think this record will last?

1 year, probably longer, but I feel like Feliks will get something crazy in a year. 

So, yeah. GG to 3x3 WR

Lyric(s) of the Post: They say we're all just diamonds
All alone in the night
Twinkling, glittering diamonds

Comments

Post a Comment