2020 last.year



I kinda ditched this blog during November 2020 and came back to it for like a week in April 2021.


During that period I missed the annual last.year review.



Well, now it's October 2021 and I guess I'll review 2020's last.year LOL


https://www.last.fm/user/wizwilzo/listening-report/year

That URL probably updates annually so I'll accompany this post with the images.




This is the overview. You can conclude that NIVIRO absolutely dominated, most notably Fast Lane and Dancin'. Those two tracks are STILL in my playlist 10 months later, I'll never get tired. Fast Lane is such an emotional track, especially the synth break. The two note contrasts just blend so well with the iconic NIVIRO synth pads. Dancin' is an upbeat track that features the catchy "I'm only thinking about..... dancing." That phrase is so catchy and it's such a banger track in general. I won't go in-depth. Other than that, you can see that I discovered Virtual Riot. Owl City, Retrovision, San Holo will always be in my heart. Purely talented producers. I will say that I found a heightened love towards Melodic Dubstep (teminite, virtual riot, camellia, au5) and that NIVIRO and retrovision will most likely decline this year. I feel bad because I love retrovision and niviro.

Every year I get more and more into music. 2020 of online learning. Schools shut down during March and I had online learning my entire sophomore year. Since I was staying home, I was privileged to listen to music while Mrs. James was teaching us related rates. I love listening to music. Anyway, everything got an increase. I basically listened to music more than TWICE as much as 2019. Not to mention a 196 day streak :o



Not much to say here. As I eased into the summer and online school you can see that I listened to more music. I had quite a lot of freetime after finding out SRA was cancelled.


I literally have no clue what All I Need is or who Khai Dreams. Lemme look it up
LOL I REMEMBER THIS

It's a rly nice chillwave/indie hip-hop or whatever you want to call it. Lol not a bad song, nice flow. Idk why this is on the last.fm but cool!





Cool discoveries! Glowing at night is such a melodic track with breathtaking vocals. It fits so well and the vocalist just does everything perfectly.

I love the pie chart here. It's just such a nice variation and last.fm presents these statistics very well.

You can see that dubstep has conquered more than 1/8 of this circle!! Very cool. 

It has to be on a weekday since I'm probably at the park on weekend afternoons. Wednesday makes the most sense as it was basically a weekly no-school day so I did homework in the mornings. Sometimes during online learning I couldn't listen to music because of tests/presentations/focus/etc.


I thought that I scrobbled a lot and discovered a lot. It was basically the best year of music so far. Relatively, I didn't get #1 which I don't rly care about tbh

And can we take a moment to digress to the 186 scrobbles???? If every song is around 3.5 minutes long, thats literally 10.5 hours of music in a single day...





In 2020, I listened to a lot of electro-step, electro-house, future bass, and got a little bit into dubstep. Let's see where 2021 brings us, I think you already have a hint ;)

Lyric(s) of the Post: Where do we go from here?










Comments