Meeting Jeremy Lin

 so im at the airport with my mom, we are heading to shanghai for a layover to hohhot, ill talk more about this 3-week china trip in a big blog post. But boarding starts and everything and there’s a line and our group isn’t called yet so me and my moma are just sitting there waiting and OUT OF NOWHERE i see a tall asian guy wearing a hat and a mask an he seemed like very american just by his hoodie and everything and he caught my attention so i look down and i see him wear slides with the jlin logo and carry a bag with the jlin logo and i start connecting the dots and like i look back up and this guy iS LITERALLY JEREMY LIN. THIS GUY IS LITERALLY JEREMY LIN. I tell my mom I’m like “MOM THATS JEREMY LIN” and by this time he had walked past us so my moms like looking and shes like “it might be!” and so i tell her that imma go up to him and say hi. At this point he was waiting in the priority boarding line so I walk over there and like athis guy is literally jeremy lin i cant believe it… I remember tapping him actually and being like “hi, are you jeremy lin”, and he has this like kinda concerned look like I can tell he doesnt wanna have ppl go up to him rn but he says “whats up” and i like neverously go “hi” again and then like leave and i go back to my mom and shes like “wow you talked to him” and i told her that its literally jeremy lin and shes like how did you recognize him, no one else recognized him but you and i said because of the jlin logo on his bag and his slides that literally confirmed everything and like yea.


so then later when were boarding my moms like “lets go find him hes sitting in first class ill take a picture” and we board AND WE FIND HIM LOL i felt really bad invading his privacy twice because like if we bring attention to him other ppl may notice that its jeremy lin and a huge crowd may form because hes extremely big in china and this was a chinese eastern airline flight. He was super disguised with everything, he did stand out because he was very tall tho.


it’s crazy because its literally jeremy lin like me and my friends all love him and like i bet all of my friends and my sister is so jealous i remember watching his youtube videos “how to fit in the NBA” with my sister and watching his appearnces on nigahiga along with watching him play on the nets and hornets where he got pretty badly injured and also on the Raptors where he won an NBA championship! That 2019 finals I was rooting for the Raptors so hard bruh. Anyway if those injuries didn’t happen he would’ve continued being a really solid role player man. He didn’t get another chance in the NBA after recovering and going to china to play for a while then coming back to the usa in the santa cruz warriors and playing super well in the g-league and averaged like 15+ ppg or something, i remember he posted about taht after his g-league phase and how he played so well but no one in the nba caught on and gave him an opoprtunity. It really sucks, theres no way all 400+ players in the league are better than him and deserve the opportunity more than him, jeremy lin literally proved it in the g-league. But it’s fine because he went back to Taiwan to play and won a championship with his brother which is so sweet, he was so emotional about it he’s been through a lot, had  a sensational NBA career. My dad and my sister told me about linsanity and how like it literally took over the country by a storm, i was like 7 at the time or something so i dont remember too much. I do remember seeing him headline the magazine covers and my dad being excited about it. On twitter all the knicks fans (including wob, rob perez) literally love jeremy lin, and ofc carmelo had to end it by being jealous but were not going down that rabbit hole right now. Anyway man it’s just an insane amount of luck and coincidence to be on the same flight as someone who I looked up to so much as a child playing basketball, I love jeremy lin he’s also just such a great human being you can just tell from his videos and his interviews. There’s no doubt he played a huge role and influence in my childhood and also in the NBA and all the leagues and teammates he’s played with. When I met him I was like so shocked man it still doesn’t feel real, I wasn’t freaking out because like I really didn’t want to interrupt his privacy and I’m so glad for that picture I should’ve taken off my mask for the photo but I had too many other things to think about like omg I’m writing this like 8 hrs into the airplane flight on a note pad, ill take a screenshot rn. 




Idk how imma post in china on blogger im prob gonna need a vpn but yea this is kinda like a brain dump like I literally met jeremy lin, what a story that I can tell for the rest of my life, i think hes the most famous person I’ve ever met and like gotten a photo with. And it’s jeremy lin…wow



Lyric(s) of the Post: "darling 你还欠我一个拥抱“ 

https://open.spotify.com/track/3eoX60WIrI7zqEvgTtuXKc?si=d6e1f37eab8d4d1d

Comments