A point of view from Kyrie Irving

    I am in the NBA Finals. Game seven to be more precise. The score is 89-89. It all goes down to this. What an incredible chase-down block for LeBron I think as I dribble the ball over half court. I'm ready to do this. I find that Klay Thompson is guarding me. I try to do a quick Through the legs, but this time he doesn't fall for it. A simple screen by Kevin gets a switch. Now Curry is on me. I dribble towards the wing and I'm ready to shoot. I go through the legs and I'm on my shot position. I quickly release it. It all goes down to this. Crunch time has hit. But I don't need crunch time to hit. I need my shot to hit. I watch as the ball floats and flies through the air. I pray not to get another turnover. I see Tristan boxing out to get the rebound, but it is no use. The shot had swished. The score was 92-89.
    i watch with amazement and can not believe what I just did. All the fans hate me, because I'm playing guest and I might cost them a title, but don't get my hopes up too high. For a second, I thought the game was over, but the clock still had 50 seconds. I quickly transitioned to defense. Realizing that they could still catch p, Curry is taking the ball. Kevin Guarding him. Everyone trusts Kevin on defense because we all know he;s the best defender on our team. Curry is taking a host. Curry probably feeling the same as I did when I took the shot. Except for the outcome is different. It misses. Tristan gets the rebound. It's our ball again. I take the ball out. I pass it to Kevin who is near the paint. It looks like he doesn't know what to do, until LeBron drives. Kevin Alley-oops it. And the dunk MISSES! but he goes down. It looks like a foul, because he looks like he's in pain. RJ tries to help. After a minute, he gets up. He still looks like he;s in pain, but the refs called it a foul. Two free-shots for LeBRON. He just needs to make one. One shot so they can't catch up. He shoots his first. It hits the rim. And just when it looks like it will go in, it rolls out. The fans cheering. LeBron gets a second chance. It hits the front rim, then the backboard, then it MAKES! Four points lead. Curry going for three again......and it misses again! Boy what a ball-hog he is. Five seconds left on the clock. Varejao gets the rebound, shoots it, it's no use. We won. IT'S OVER! IT'S OVER! CLEVELAND IS A CITY OF CHAMPIONS! I go towards my dad's seat crying. I see that LeBron was crying. He had always had a dream to win in his hometown ever since he had came back from the Heat.

Comments

Post a Comment