A writing prompt that I have to do

6. Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find so engaging that it makes you lose all track of time. Why does it captivate you? What or who do you turn to when you want to learn more?

Easy, cubing. I'm not sure if it fits "topic, idea, or concept" but I'll just go with it. Anyway, it captivates me because I just want to get my average up. Solve by solve, my average will either go down or up. If down, then that motivation will motivate me for a LONG time. If it goes down, I will assume that it will keep on going down, so then I just keep on solving. Solving till it goes up, and then I have to do even more solves. For example, just today I got in trouble because I was cubing for too long. I was just so motivated on getting my average to sub 38 that I just had to keep going. Going until my sister starts yelling at me. Now when I want to learn more, I turn to my best friend called YouTube. Youtube is great. He helps me a lot. He taught me how to solve a 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, gear cube, skewb. And Youtube inspired me to teach myself. Not to always rely on YouTube whenever I get stuck. For example, redKB inspired me to try out solving the cubes myself before searching it up on YouTube. I had to fiddle with my 6x6 for an hour before I taught myself how to solve it. Same goes with a pyraminx, buzzle ball, and everything on the megaminx except for the last layer.

Comments