Getting my 6x6...

Getting my 6x6...

    I recently got my moyu aofu 6x6. It turns really smooth, though the first two layers can't really speedsolve due to the lockups. I once got a really bad lockup leading to me having to take out five center pieces. But it all worked out. I was pretty lucky too on how it locked up when I was pairing up edges. I don't know how lucky I would've been if I just started solving. 
    Anyway, the first solve I did took a long time. I had to wrap my mind around it since I was trying not to use any videos. Just my brain. I tried pairing up centerpieces into 2x2 squares, which was pretty good, but not the most efficient. I worked quite well except for the last two edges. The last two edges was a pain. After a looooong time I finally got everything but two centers. -_-. I decided to try the best I could. After all, I shouldn't expect the same results as I did when solving a 5x5. Anyway, I just decided to pair up edges and pretend that all the centers were solved. On the last two edges, I saw a case that I didn't recognize. So I just decided to spam the 4x4x4 algorithm. It actually worked. I recognized a 5x5x5 case, did the algorithm, had to do 4x4 parity algorithm for last edge, and I was on 3x3 stage. 
    I knew how to notate the oll parity, but not the pll parity. but since im SOO lucky, they give me the pll parity. I went into deep thinking. I knew that reduction method into a 4x4 would work, but I just didn't know how to notate lowercase r. I decided to YOLO it and go for two layers. Seems like it worked. There's lucky for every unlucky. :D
    I finally had to look at my guide that came with my 6x6, and realized that two simple algorithms fixed the centers, and there it was! Solved! I was so happy!
    My first time solved I honestly thought would be around 40 minutes. But it seems like I was in the zone. I got my centers pretty fast. Though I still used the pairing up into 2x2s. I was so confident that I messed up my centers somehow when pairing an edge. That got me three minutes of extra time. Other than that, I did decent. 23:43.984 was my time.
    In between my first and second solve, I looked through the guide to see if there were any short cuts. Seems like there is(for centers). You solve in lines. Which I found genius. It was much more efficient than the way I created. 
    My second solve was a prediction of 20 minutes. I thought that I could do really good, but didn't want to raise my expectations too high. When using the line method, it is SUPER easy to pair things up. Unlike the my way where you would always have to check and convert from the top and bottom layer. I got centers done in around eight minutes. I got the rest in no time. With a great improvement of (drumroll please) budumbudumbudumbudumbudum


15:52.76
    Towards the end, when I was on my last algorithm, I saw that the clock read 15:50. I was thinking in my head "SUB 16 SUB 16 OMGOMGOM" it kinda slowed me down lol. But yeah, I did get sub 16. an eight minute improvement. All because of the line method and me being more focused when edge pairing.


Lyrics of the Post:A final stand a shouting cry 

Tryhardninja-Bring back the night

Comments