Artist Review #6(Retrovision)

Artist Review #6(Retrovision)

This was my first NCS artist that I listened to. Specifically, puzzle. I have forgotten about Retrovision after finding out about these other artists. But Retrovision will always stay in my heart.

Anyway, the three songs that I will be reviewing are
Puzzle – Retrovision
Over Again – Retrovision, Micah Martin
SICC – Retrovision, Domastic


Let's get to it...


First of all, is puzzle, the first NCS song I listened to. Anyway, let's see the intro.

I love it. The weird drum thing in the beginning. They gave no fades a good feeling. Overall a very fast tempo song. It jumps into the synth-break very quick. Now the weird voices are great and even better when combined with the synth in the background. The synth pauses when the voice pauses, which I don't really find that great. It could continue. Along with the piano, the intro is a little short. It directly jumps into the chorus with a short beat drop. I like how they add instrument over instrument when leading to the beat drop. The"break it" is very nice. The bass is what makes the synth-break a good synth-break. Now they repeated the chorus a little too much. And then here comes the second verse with a different piano if you didn't already notice. And then it leads to this weird "mushy" part with just everything. And then skipping the chorus, they go directly to the beatdrop. After the break it you think that the chorus comes, but no. There's a slight bit of silence and then here comes the chorus. The ending chorus to be honest is very bad. They should've added something else. But oh well!

It's time for my favorite out of all!

I understand why people could hate this song. The voice is annoying. Makes a lot of sense, but IMO, I really like the voice. It sounds pretty cool. It kicks in the intro with no fading. The first measure is almost exactly the same as puzzle. You have to listen carefully to see what I mean. Now the lyrics are really nice. It states "My father told me when I was young.
Don't play with fire because it's fun.But with the flames we fell in love."
The next line is weird.

Anyway, I like the background thing. Like the weird synth drummy thing. IDK WHAT ITS CALLED DONT JUDGE ME. In between the vocals are a little synth break. And you can tell it's building up a beat drop because of the loud chords. And I don't mean loud in a mean way. Now if you notice. Retrovision does his beat drops different.

NORMAL BEATDROP
Slow
Medium
Fast
Two-hand-motion Fast
BANG
RETROVISION BEATDROP
Fast(LONGER)
Two-handed Motion Fast(LONGER)
BANG


It's quite weird. It startled me for sure. Now when the beat drop hits, you sort of half-hear a "break it" just like from puzzle. The synth break is a typical synth break with a great repetitive melody. The weird voice thing repeats "over again" over and over again. ;). It starts during the synth break, but the synth break fades out but the "over again" continues. Now Different Heaven decided to change the lyrics on the second verse which I highly support. Everyone wants different lyrics for a second verse. 

Now the same thing happens again.




Let's now review SICC. I listened to this quite a bit a month ago.

The first thing I notice is

MAN DIFFERENT HEAVEN USES A DIFFERENT UNIQUE SYNTH EVERY SONG I SWEWAR. Which I'm not sure whether I support or not. Jim Yosef for example was an artist that only used one or two synths in his songs. Anyway, this synth is weird. AND I MEAN WEIRD. (I should really stop raging in caps) The chorus is weird. It uses two synths. One different synth from the verse, but same partial notes. Now after that comes another weird bassy synth. And this part is my favorite part. This looped melody. Idk why I love it so much. 

I seriously don't know what else to say about this song.


Lyrics of the Post:I'm living my life according to the law of attraction.
It's lights camera action. I never wanna die.

Over Again – Retrovision, Micah Martin








ARTIST REVIEW LIST

  1. Jim Yosef
  2. Tobu
  3. Different Heaven
  4. Kast Away
  5. Axol
  6. Retrovision

Who's next? COMMENT DOWN BELOW














~wilson




Comments