The Story of a Magnificent Grape (part two)


My mother collapsed on the giant. I looked to the side and saw another giant holding a chainsaw. I followed the path of the dead tree with my eyes and saw that the end crushed the giant that was about to stab me to death. I realized why my mother fell. She fell to save me and Twin #58 and below. She sacrificed her own soul to save mine. I strained to not cry but couldn't help it. I couldn't take it. I never thought about my mother dying, and never thought about my mother dying just for me. Those thoughts brought me to crying. I knew that I couldn't cry because my juice would run out. I just had to cry. I saw the face of the dead giant and then everything came upon me again. The moment my mother had died. My mother had always told me to become a good boy and grow up to be fat and juicy as the other grapes. My mother collapsing on the giant was still playing in my head. I knew that if I cried I wouldn't be the fat juicy grape I had always been. The flashback played in my head one more time and then I did it. I cried. I cried and cried and cried just like the other twins and cried until all my juice ran out. I looked at myself and the others......I now had to begin my new life as a raisin.



Lyrics of the Post:"Open your eyes to see what you're made of"
Straight into the Sun – Jason Parris, My Buddy Mike












We all wish Raisin #58 good luck!

Comments

Post a Comment