Magnetizing my valk(part one)


If y'all haven't already know, I'm magnetizing my valk. For all those noncubers out there, what I'm doing is I'm adding in magnets to my cube to create a clicky and smooth feeling.


    I started out using TMcubing's video and The cubicle's video for help. I had ordered a cubicle magnetizing kit earlier during black friday and I wanted to use it as soon as possible. Taking apart the cube was harder than I thought. I tried to flick a corner piece off but it wouldn't work. I then decided to screw apart the entire cube which worked. Now I wasn't done taking apart the cube. Seems like the corner pieces have this thingy on top which you have to flick off gently, and then there are three prongs that are SUPER hard to get off. My first try ended up bending the prong which wasn't good. After a while, I got the hang of it. Edge pieces were easy. You squeeze and pull apart. You also need to take out the torpedoes.
    The next step was to glue magnets to the edge pieces. The first one was completely YOLO. I randomly sprayed glue at the piece and created a blob. I forgot where to place the magnet so I opened up the video. I knew I had to be quick because the glue could dry up. I was sweating with stress at this point. I tried to find the part of the video where he explained where to insert the magnet. I dragged the line thingy on the video a little too far back and I was raging inside my mind. I found it at last and then placed the magnet in.
   Now that I know how to do the edges, the rest went on like a breeze. I could barely look at the piece and I would still be able to glue it properly. Halfway through, I accidentally touched one piece a little and...KABAM everything clung together. Since the glue had all dried up at this point, I didn't care much. I just separated the magnets gently and everything was back to normal.
    This is when everything goes down. I was gonna do corners yesterday, when THE GLUE WOULDN'T COME OUT. I realized that the glue had dried up in the funnel so I washed it out and waited a day for the water to dry up. After a day, (right now) I started corners. I put the funnel thing back to its place and began to press. WHEN THE GLUE WOULDN'T COME OUT. I roared with frustration "IDIOT" and then I pressed super hard. It seems like I didn't screw on the funnel enough, and the glue got on my hands. I was very angry at this point. I saw a mini-puddle on my hand of glue and had a lightbulb moment.

    I ended up dipping the magnet on my hand and inserting it in. xD Not sure if it worked. I'll let you know in two days.


Lyrics of the Post: All my friends
We can take it all back again, woa-oa-oah
Put your hands on in
And let me hear you say, "oh, yeah!"
Let me hear you say, "Yeah!"

All My Friends – Owl City

Comments

  1. #YOLO
    Palms are sweaty
    Mom's spaghetti
    -Mom's Spaghetti by Eminem
    It would be funny if that was the Lyrics of the Post LOL
    Hope it works...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops I meant:
      His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
      There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
      Lose Yourself - Eminem
      LOL I even forgot the name of the song...

      Delete

Post a Comment