My trip to inner mongolia




Augh.


22 pages.

Since I didn't have access to a computer, I HAD TO WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN ON PAPER

and now I have to type ALL of it on a computer
Oh, and BTW make sure you read everything cuz the Lyrics of the Post is REALLY good.

======================================================================
___----___----___----___----___----___----___----___----___----___----___
___----___----___----___----___----___----___----___----___----___----___
======================================================================


BMC=Bloons monkey City;BTD Battles=Bloons Tower Defense Battles;BTD5=Bloons Tower Defense 5;PVZ=Plants vs. Zombies


day -1

       So basically after dinner was when I started packing for the trip. My mom had gone one week earlier, so she couldn't help me that much. I asked her on the phone if I could bring my own bag with my stuff and she agreed.
       A reason why success will never come to me in terms of packing is because I put 16 cubes and my entire Pokemon card collection in my bag. I thought this was normal, but my sister said that I brought WAY too many cubes, and she only let me bring 5 cubes. I ended up bringing my valk 3, MF3, MF7, MF5, and a picture cube my sister bought me one time.

Day 0

       Today's the airplane ride. 11 hours from San Francisco. Those 11 hours on the plane felt more like 5 hours. It was awesome that there were screens in front of me with free movies, TV shows, and Games. I played battleship with my sister, battled for #1 on the leaderboard in this game called Poppit, Pokemon cards, solved my 7x7 twice, replaced mickey's head with Daisy's on my picture cube, watched Middle School Worst Years of My Life, watched spongebob, and watched mickey mouse clubhouse. I surprisingly barely played video games. There was one that thing made me SUPER angry though: They played like a safety video, and it said "please turn off your electronic devices when taking off" while I was the only one watching the safety video and everyone else was on their phones. I, for some reason, was super stressed out, because if this plane crashed, I was going to blame it on everyone that wouldn't shut off their devices
       After getting off the plane, my sister and I had to go through a million security checks before we could meet out mom. After, my mom, sister, and I went to eat [{}bao zi{}] at this place. Then we had to catch another flight to Hohhot. The flight to Hohhot was 50 minutes. I fell asleep as soon as I sat down, and good thing I fell asleep because our flight was delayed an hour. I didn't know this because I was asleep, but my mom knew this because the plane wouldn't take off for an hour. I woke up to see that the flight had just ended. I got off the plane, got our luggage, met our relatives. I was super tired, but couldn't fall asleep.


DAy 1

       I woke up and wrote about day -1 and Day 0. I then ate breakfast, then chilled till lunch. I had to write a speech and say it in front of my relatives during lunch. After, we went to see these lights at some place, but they were closed so we just headed home.



DAY 2

       I hate smoking. I especially hate it when people smoke while eating
       We went to visit where my mom grew up. One of my uncles were super nice and loaded up the Thunder Cavs game. I could write a whole post on the game and probably will. Then we went to eat lunch with a ton of relatives
       YAY!! Yummy food! The smell of tasty food is awesome....UNTIL people started smoking. I got so angry..........
       So we were using a spinning table. On the spinning table was food, drinks, napkins, cigarettes, and lighters. I was so angry to the point where I hid the lighters. I saw this guy grab a cigarette, and then he was looking around for a lighter, but couldn't find one. For a good-smelling five minutes, no one was smoking. Then some guy asked for a lighter, and then things went bad. Some guy across the table asked for the lighter, so the guy put the lighter on the spinning thing on the spinning table and I wanted to hide that lighter, but hesitated because it might've been shady.


DAY 3

       Wow. Just wow. Crackling noises along with strong booms in the sky. Occasionally whistling sounds and sparks flying in the air would join the sound.

Let's do some math

20USD=Firework
3 Fireworks=Amount visible from a human's view every 20 seconds
500=Different Human's view

500•20•3=3000

That's probably confusing for you. Basically from where I am, three fireworks are going on from sight, and a firework lasts 20 seconds. A firework costs 20 USD, so 20•3=60 which is the amount of money spended every 20 seconds visible to me. Multiply that by 500 different places and you get 3000 USD of fireworks spent....every 20 seconds. This goes on from about 7:30-2:00 AM, which is seven hours. 3000 USD every 20 seconds is equal to 9000 every minute, and 540000 every hour. 540000•7=3780000 dollars spent. 3 million, 7 hundred and eighty-hundred thousand. If everyone donated their firework money to me, I'd be a millionaire. That's only from fireworks. People spend money on Firecrackers and MANY MANY other stuff.

       Fireworks in America makes you think "Wow! So pretty!" while fireworks in China makes you think "DUDE CAN YOU STOP?! SOMEONE'S TRYNNA SLEEP HERE."

       The point I'm trying to give is that fireworks occur A LOT during this night. During Chinese New Year.

It's impossible to describe the experience. I'd just say this: The sky changes color five times every second, like someone spamming /bikeshed on hangouts. It changes because of the firework. You will see boxes filled with tubes which as soon as you light up will shoot what looks like small lasers piercing through the air and exploding in the sky. You will see long strips of red ribbon that if you light on fire, sparks will immediately explode in random speeds and directions, sometimes changing colors. With the firework's gigantic boom forllowed by respectfully disruptive crackling noises and whistling sounds for when the fireworks are about to end. Screaming is the only way to communicate. If you only hear what was happening, it literally sounds like a warzone.



This goes on for seven hours, days following getting lighter. It's literally seven forty-five in the morning and fireworks are still going on. Here in china it's legal to put fireworks and firecrackers without the government's permission.



Here are all the types of firecrackers,fireworks I saw.




  1. BOB=Fireworks
  2. BILL=After fireworks are over, sometimes the boxes send out wild spinning lasers that whistle when flying
  3. JOE=The ribbon that when lighted on fire, erupts with sparks
  4. BOBBY=This stick which will create a pretty color-changing fire at the end of the stick if lighted on fire. It leaves a trail of smoke
  5. BILLY=From the packaging, it looks like a toy. When you light it on fire it spins around and turns into a beautiful flower made out of colorful fires
  6. JOEY=A simple, small stick the size of a cigarette. throwing it on the ground will give a POP These seem loud at first, but when you throw it in the mayhem of Bob, Bill, Joe, Bobby, and Billy, it can barely be heard


After the warzone, the sidewalk left a trail of red snips. There are a bunch of empty boxes and used Bobbys. There are seriously a TON of red stuff on the ground. The next morning a ton of people with brooms come, which I think is useless because that same night fireworks/crackers would still be going on! The trashcan is overfilled; the air is smokier than ever. I bet it would take more than a day to entirely clean this mess up. Maybe Chinese New Years has above an integer percentage of China's pollution.

DAY 4

I woke up at seven still hearing occasional fireworks. I got up and wrote about Day 3, did some homework, and then ate breakfast. We went to our grandpa's house, then my grandpa's little brother's wifes house, them my grandma's brothers house, then my grandma's sisters house, and then my grandma's other brothers house, then my mom's teachers house, and then back home to my grandma's house. i palyed some BTD 5 and then took a quick shower. I ate dinner, then played [{}ma jiang{}] with my sister, mom, grandma till we all got sleepy.

DAY CINCO

I woke up and wrote about Day 4. Then I ate breakfast, then played some BTD5. I went to my grandpa's house and went for a walk with one of my cousins and my sister. On that walk was where I learned how to say 1-10 in Mongolian. We went back to my grandpa's house and ate lunch.

After lunch my sister, two cousins, and I went to a HUGE Chinese mall. It had 11 floors, with a trampoline park, arcade,ice-skating, movietheater, Bow-and-arrow firing, and a big room for competitive pool players to go. Last time I went here I went ice-skating. This time we tried to watch a movie but couldn't  since they were all Chinese. We went to the arcade and played some basketball. Afterwards we palyed this pac-man themed air hockey which was AWESOME. At one point tons of pellets dropped and it turned into madness. We played this three times, then we played some more basketball, and then we tried out the prize machines, and played the next game empty-handed. There was this supper cool PVZ game where you could control a pea-shooter where it shoots water on a screen that is full of zombies. We then wasted the rest of our money on this coin-dozer like came. We finished the arcade. So far missing school was AWESOME. 

My cousin and I then went to the trampoline park which was WAY better than stupid Rock'n'jump. In rock'n'jump there are stupid people giving you a time limit to jump in the foamy square pile. There's like one guy watching and he doesn't even care about anything where I was! In rock'n'jump you also have a time limit in the basketball place. In here were three basketball hoops with no time limit! There was also barely anyone so I could play for a long time.

Time for my ascii art to shine again lol

_______________________________________
|     |_______                                                |      |
|     |     TV   |                                                |      |
|     |                 foamy square pile                |      |                 
|__ |_______________________________|___|



I begun building a wall on one of these side roads, the one opposite to the TV, but figured I'd get in trouble so I built a "base" with the foamy squares behind the TV. For a while I was chilling, but I soon got bored and went to jump in some random place. I came back AND SOMEONE DESTROYED MY BASE. I was angry and salty so I left the place.

I didn't even notice that I was sweating until my sister told me. My sister and cousin already did bow-and-arrow, and they told us it was fun, so we went to try it out. It was pretty fun. I thought it would be one of those nerf gun bows, but these bows were real. Let's not talk 'bout my aim though.

We came home, ate dinner, then slept.

DAY floor(tau)

Fireworks were still going on. I woke up, wrote about Day 5, did some homework, then ate breakfast. I showed off my 7x7 skills to my grandpa and then went to my other grandma's house.

We went to this other Chinese mall, which had two floors of arcades. We tried playing the prize claw, but figured it was absolutely rigged. Wee saw this prize claw for ice cream, so decided to try it out. My cousin inserted the coins, moved the claw, and it went down. It grabbed a square-shaped box under a circle-shaped box. The claw went up and those two boxes went up and stayed up. The claw got a little loose, AND THE TWO BOXES STAYED UP. The claw moved, let go, and TWO boxes of ice-cream were now for us. That luck though wow.

We played this hunting game, then a basketball game, then this car racing game.

There's this coin pushing game, and this guy somehow cheated the system so that coins kept on coming out. it was seriously crazy. Then we went to this escape room which was pretty cool, but I suck at Chinese so I didn't understand much. otherwise it was super fun. You could like place stuff and it would say stuff. The technology was cool. ID ONT KNOW.

DAY 7

I woke up and got to chill till(hey that rhymes) 12:30. Basically I just played BTD5 and BMC(Bloons Monkey city) & did homework. After, one of my uncles picked me and my sister up and we went to this like outdoor chinese market. There were a lot of people and they sold all kinds of stuff-Toys, bracelets, hot dogs, shoe shiners, etc. My mom had us buy stuff for people. we mainly just went there to buy stuff our friends. My sister and I didn't find anything. We went to this place to buy bread, then we went to our uncles's house. I gotta use a computer so I went on AoPS and played Basketball Legends. Then we went to find a [{}shao mai{}] place to eat dinner, but tons of shops were closed during the first week of New Years so it took us a couple of tries to find one.

DAY 2 cubed

Second to last day in China :(. My sister and I got a large portion of the day to just "chill" aka finished math hw, played BTD5 and BMC and solved some cubes. After that my cousin picked me and my sister up into a taxi and we went to this Chinese mall that we already went to in Day 6. We went to eat at this place called "Long Chinese name" Afterwards we went to this place to buy gifts for friends. There was literally nothing good so we went to two other stores before giving up and buying erasers. We then went back to that Chinese mall to go in the trampoline park so that my sister and cousin could experience the fun. I built a bigger, better fort. The wall was much more sturdy and I even made this checkerboard patter. I played some mental games on the trampolines that I will not describe. I looked at my fort and saw that no one had destroyed it. I realized that my constant stress for someone destroying my fort was going wrong, and staying there to protect my fort was boring-------SO WHY NOT DESTROY IT MYSELF.

We went to this place called "super fries" and bought some fries to eat. We exitted the mall after seeing no movies to watch, and we went home. One of my uncles came and brought us to another mall to eat dinner. While my mom was waiting for food to arrive, my uncle, a cousin at the age of six, my sister, and I went to buy clothes. I'm tellin' you-it was hard to deny shopping for clothes, but we just had to. Me and my sister would communicate in English for things that we didn't want the uncle to know. We were planning to deny EVERYTHING that he asked us if we liked it or not. Then we started feeling bad because he was trying hard to find clothes that we liked. We communicated in English to just find something cheap. I saw this Adidas pants that I guess was kind of cool, but it was 50 dollars in American money. Then I saw another pair of pants that I liked. Looking around for a price tag, I asked my sister in English "Hod do you know how much money this costs?" Seems like my uncle understands a bit of English so he said "No worry money." We got exposed lol. There were more Adidas pants that I liked, but they all didn't have a price tag, and I didn't wanna gamble on the price, so I'd just make up an excuse. I finally found a cheap pair of pants that looked descent. On the other hand, my sister got a cheap Adidas shirt. After this was done, we went to eat dinner. We went home, then went to put out some Bobbys, Bills, and Joeys. Then we went home and slept.

DAY 3 squared

Last day RIP

I woke up and got to play a pretty nice of BTD5 and Bloons monkey city. Literally from the beginning to the end all I've been playing are NinjaKiwi games-BTD Battles, BTD5, BMC. Not gonna get descriptive for the rest of the day. We went to uncles, then bought some souvenirs, went to grandma's then grandpas. Went home, tried to find places that sold [{}shao mai{}]. With an uncle and his CUTE LITTLE BABY(omg he was literally so cute. augthuahguahguawh augh) then we went home and packed

DAY 10

Woke up at five. Found out that I would come home at 12:00 AM on a Thursday, then realized that there would be a Cavs game!

For some random reason, the airplane ride from Inner Mongolia to BeiJing was one of the best. I literally just listened to NCS and solve my 7x7 twice, and BAM. That's how slow I am on 7x7. My seat was oddly comfortable. We landed at Nine o'clock AM, and the flight from BeiJing to San Franciso was at 4:00 PM, so we chilled at this restaurant for a LONG time. I played a lot of BMC while my mom was talking to one of her old friends. When we went on the airplane, they told us that the winds were awesome so instead of a 13 hour flight, it would be 9 hours. Me and my sister played lots of video games>BTD5, BMC;my sister played games like lapse and i love Hue. I couldn't fall asleep, and I didn't want to lose any more battery, so I decided to walk around on the plane. First class got me jealous. Arrived home at around 2:00 PM Thursday.






Pictures:
The streets of Inner Mongolia during Chinese New Year
Bobby

Lyric(s) of the Post:Yeah, woah
Yeah, woah Yeah, woah

Comments

  1. Don't have time to read the whole thing now... :P
    don't worry I'll read everything when me has a time!
    adfjahsafl 22 pgs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day -1: Lol that's a lot of cubes
    but are they really all cubes tho???
    Day 0: WOWWWW that sounds like a lot more stuff than the last airplane I went to
    Lol there are always derpy shows
    but for me me like da video games
    like there was this pinwheel game thing that was really fun
    lol those safety vids are so troll tho
    BAO ZIIIIII
    Lol I accidentally read it as "Hothot" instead of "Hohhot"
    Day 1: Like speech for school?
    Day 2: ikr there are a lot of smokers in restaurants
    once my family was eating, and we're just like, "hey can u plz stop smoking"
    Day 3: SEVEN HOURS OF LOUD FIREWORKS???
    Man, how did you not go blind from watching, deaf from hearing, and mute from screaming??? also dat be expennnnsive
    lol I can't believe you actually recorded and named the fireworks XDDDD
    Wilson the firework watcher
    Day 4: Wow grandma has a lots of relatives with houses
    also lol u said "I palyed"
    isn't ma jiang like for gambling lol
    I have a set a my house
    there's like this tablecloth that comes with it, and it smells weird like wood 0_o
    Day 5: OOH Espanol (dang it I don't have international keyboard)
    WATTTT that sounds like the best mall ever!!! And I though Stoneridge used to be cool... -_-
    and trampoline place??? now me envy u
    lol ASCII
    Day 6: askdjhalkdjhfkajds
    OMG really another awesome mall!!!!!!
    Lol it's ok bro
    I don't practice Chinese either...though I know basics (though not at reading/writing Chinese characters, just speaking)
    Day 7: lol BTD5 everyday
    first two malls, now a market
    u must need to buy a lotta stuff??
    Day 8: ooh cubes
    "Long Chinese name"
    OMG YOU WENT BACK TO THE OP MALL AND TRAMPOLINE STUFFFFFFFFFFFF
    lol rip fort no.2
    Day 9: much vid games and a cute baby. Nice.
    Day 10: ayyy ncs
    hopefully not much jetlag???

    omg those are some very LIT (LIT-erally) streets
    ur holding a firecracker? actually idk what its called whatevs but cool
    lol the lyrics of the post

    yeah woah
    that's pretty guuuuddd

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment