My cubing class



So basically my mom has a pretty fun afterschool, and I think a while ago I posted something.
https://cavs4tw.blogspot.com/2018/03/something.html

It's been my I think 5th week teaching them.

Most of them know two layers, while others just know the cross.

So basically every Friday at 3-5, I have two 1 hour classes, one with big kids and one with small kids.

I bring all my 3x3s, a bunch of other cool cubes that I show off, my computer, and a bottle of water.

The first week I was SUPER nervous. Although I have I'd say great public speaking, I was NERVOUS GEE.

I prepared hecka hard, and when someone was like "i don't get it' I'd FREAK OUT.

I got it over with, and some of them were really nice.

Basically little kids....can be HECKA ANNOYING SOMETIMES.
This dude was wearing crocs, and one of his toes was "stuck" in the hole of the croc and he was showing everyone and everyone started laughing.
Another time this dude literally took everyone's cubes and stacked it.
And all of them like to twist corners.


So every time in the beginning of class I'd just go


OKAY EVEYRONE NO DAMAGING MY CUBES, THA TINCLUDES TAKING OFF THE CENTER CAP, BREAKING IT APART, OR TWISTING CORNERS

And that worked.

So at the end of each class I'd kinda go over and show them each of my cubes. I showed up a 5x5, and they were all like

IS THAT A 10 BY 10.

(tries not to laugh) no

Shows up a 7x7

THAT HAS TO BE A 10 BY 10

-_-


Then this other time this guy was like

LOOK EVERYONE I CAN DO GOD'S EYE

...What's god's eye??

THIS(shows the flower pattern)
Image result for flower pattern rubik's cube

Yup.


Then this guy asked "HEY CAN U DO CHECKERBOARD ON 4X4 I WANNA SEE.

I did it, and since it's impossible to get checkerboard on every single side on even numbered layered cubes, they were like "it's not checkerboard, that side doesn't have it"


Anyway,





Teaching is actually really fun, especially when it's something you like teaching. I've definitely improved at teaching A LOT. I spend a lot of time on my slide shows and practicing in front of stuffed animals(shut up viewer that's gonna laugh at it)

For me, whenever I have to do a speech or something, practicing in front of the mirror is STUPID. You get to see your ugly face, or at leas for me I see my ugly face, and it just looks so fake.

I like stuffed animals cuz they are chill, they're not annoying, and they are very attentive.




The first week I had my Rubik's cube class, I brought a projector to show my screen and project it on the wall. The thing was that it was a hecka old projector, so it only connected to old computers. My dad brought this HDMI adapter thingy and I tried conneecting it to my laptop, but it didn't work.

So now I just raise my laptop, it's not the best, but it's decent.


Just to let you know, I'm actually like a legit teacher, which was something that I still find weird.


https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1OGiR8vj8o897BlLOaDY1bpBdGEGDLVzwIt2TyMhXUlo/edit?usp=sharing

Lyric(s) of the Post:







Comments

  1. Wow nice
    If I did that I'd have an anxiety attack lol
    Yeah, younger kids can be less mindful and have shorter attention spans.
    Everything is a 10 by 10 lol
    Wth god's eye
    Seems like you're a professional teacher now lol
    Good luck with the classes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. It's kinda tough

      But fun at the same time

      Delete

Post a Comment