My top 5 favorite artists

Honorable mentions:

  1. NIVIRO
  2. TheFatRat
  3. Alan Walker
  4. Different Heaven
  5. Jim Yosef
  6. Zedd
  7. Electro-Light
  8. Elektronomia
  9. Tobu




5. Axol

Songs:
Bleed – Axol, The Tech Thieves
You – Axol, Alex Skrindo
Remember – Axol
Mars – Axol
Get Up Again – Axol
ILY – Axol
Firelight – Axol


All of these songs are fantastic. Axol is such a great producer and writer, with a unique voice, something he showcases in Get Up Again, ILY, and Firelight. Axol's Remember is such an uplifting song with such intensity, sometimes dubstep. Bleed is another great example, with a great blend and mash of The Tech Thieves fitting voice. He writes his songs in whole different synths, and can create jaw-dropping beat drops, as he did in ILY. ILY is not only a catchy song, but just such a happy yet calming song with an incredible drop, as I mentioned before.

He comes up with these awesome chords and melodies with an incredible synth voice based melody in You, which I could tell was made mostly by Alex Skrindo.



4. Kast Away

Songs:
Glow – Kast Away
Spaceship – Kast Away
Forever Young – Kast Away
Mascot – Kast Away


There are two types of music I like: EDM, and generally just happy. Most EDM songs are happy, which is why I enjoy it. I just love how listening to a 3 minute clip can change your mood, and put a bright smile on ur face. Kast Away raps so joyfully, with a great message. Tbh I don't focus on his lyrics a lot, I just love the vibe he creates, and just the rap he sings.

Forever Young brought a catchy tune that you can hum along with, and Kast Away decided to add some EDM aspects into Spaceship, a song that I can never get sick of. Although his synth break is pretty original and "nooby" it's still great!



3. Killercats

Songs:
Kaibu – Killercats
What I Said – Killercats
Tell Me – Killercats, Alex Skrindo


Although Killercats only has like three songs, and as many say quit making music, I love every single one of his songs. Kaibu has a fantastic rattling synth, with a creative beat drop lead by synth voices. The melody is used by the same synths used in the melody of the hit Tell Me. A great shout chorus led by digital synths and stutters as a beautiful and swift transition. The end though.

How many times do I have to explain I love songs with Synchro Nyce. Darn son, a dedicated pure solo by a Synchro Nyce. What a banger.

Then of couse we have What I said, which left me speechless the first time I listened to it. It starts off with a silent start with a simple loop, then adds in a great mysterious feel to gradually lead to a beat drop. Vocals are definitely recognizable. Just the synth break wow. I remember being home alone one time and just listening to this on blast with my eyes closed. I absolutely love the synth lead in the beat drop, to lead into THE EPIC SYNTH BREAK AH



2. Retrovision

Songs:
Puzzle – Retrovision
Over Again – Retrovision
Cake – Retrovision
SICC – Retrovision
Puzzle - VIP – Retrovision
Campfire – Retrovision
Waves – Retrovision
Here We Go – Retrovision


All of Retrovisions' songs just make you feel like there's an endless chorus. They consist of small and fast beatdrops, with tight and intense fade outs and ins. Here we go makes the digital synths sound like they are almost singing. They are all the same songs in terms of structure, but they all have a different melody.

Waves has been in more than 10 of my OC playlists, campfire being in more than 3, Cake about to go on a big streak, as I can tell. Here We Go was a new song I discovered that I love, and tell will go on a streak. Overagain was in more than 5 OCs.

Let's not forget to mention Over Again. Retrovision decided to add in some strong vocals, but not as strong as the beat drop. The beat drops harder than my grades, and Retrovision spices it up with a gun trigger. It's just amazing. Wow.



1. Owl City

Songs:
Good Time – Owl City, Carly Rae Jepsen
Thunderstruck – Owl City, Sarah Russell
Bird With A Broken Wing – Owl City
Can't Live Without You – Owl City
Verge – Owl City, Aloe Blacc
All My Friends – Owl City
Fiji Water – Owl City
Shooting Star – Owl City
Metropolis – Owl City
Deer In The Headlights – Owl City
Fireflies – Owl City
Hello Seattle – Owl City
Wolf Bite – Owl City
Alligator Sky – Owl City


I've been listening to Owl City ever since I was...seven years old? Yeah I think so. Back when all I listened to was pop, I absolutely loved Fireflies. I never realized how well-produced that song was, I just loved it. I memorized all the lyrics to it. Then, Owl City released Good Time, my favorite song since 2012. Adam Young has beautiful vocals, and is so good at producing these EDM tracks. He loves key changes at the last chorus, as he did in Alligator Sky and many others.

He's just such a great artist. I named my series of playlists "OC" after "Owl City." His new album Cinematic leans more on the Country side, but that's fine with me.


Lyric(s) of the Post: 
Where was I when the rockets came to life?
Alligator Sky – Owl City

Comments

Post a Comment