Pokemon TCG event


On Sunday, I went to this Pokemon TCG event in GamesOfBerkeley


     So, I didn't really say that I play Pokemon TCG, but I do. Whenever people think OOOH POKEMON CARDS, they think of a game they played in 3rd grade. Trust me, Pokemon TCG is hecka fun. Back when I was in third grade, I just thought EXs were cool.
     So anyway, in this event I was playing with my fire deck(I'm gonna be making a post about it).



SO


I walked in, payed my 5 dollars of admission fee, then walked into the room. I saw two people around the age of 18, playing against each other. I immediately felt like this event wasn't gonna be what I thought it was.

I said "hi"

One guy said "hi, my name is ben"

I said "nice to meet u ben, my name is wilson"

The other guy said "hi, my name is (i forgot his name let's call him john)"

I said "hi John"

I shook their hands.



I looked at their battle, and I saw a Base Set battle. HOLY COW.

They were only using cards from the Base Set packs, the first packs to be released, back in 1996. I only have a couple of cards from Base Set, and all of the Base Set cards are worth a lot. I have a couple of base set cards(clefairy, Mr. Mime, moltres, eevee, abra, kabuto, rhydon, bellsprout, bulbasaur). These people had an entire DECK of base sets. To give you a hint on how much this is worth, I'll tell you that my clefairy is worth 400 dollars, and my eevee is worth 300. The average of a base set card is around 80 dollars. There are 60 of these cards in a deck.


I just stared in awe. They must've figured out that I was staring at their base sets, because they said that they started collecting Pokemon Cards back when Base set packs were released. Now looking back on this, I question how they got to see the release of a 1996 booster pack, when they look no older than 20 years old.

Ben showed me his binder, and based on the first page, I could tell this was gonna be a LONG binder. He had so many EXs, GXs, BREAKs, Lvl X, and Ultra Prism Stars.

The second page was full of Charizard GXs. In the middle was a Rainbow Rare Charizard GX. There were just so many cards AHHHH

Then this little kid came, I'd say the age of around 9. He said he had a legit deck, and after looking through it, I came to conclude that he did. It was interesting deck, a Raichu GX, Alolan Raichu, Malamar, Mewto EX, Mew deck.

I started off with Tapu Lele, which was a bit of a bummer because I couldn't use Wonder tag. I won the coin flip, so I went first. I attached a DCE to my Tapu Lele GX, Nd, then passed. This 9-year old(let's call him bobby) started off with a Uxie. Since he went second, he attached to Uxie, and used memory slap. I couldn't use Energy Drive next turn. That was a bit of a problem. I placed down my fletchling, and began setting up, then passed since I couldn't use Energy Drive. This went on for a several turns, him trolling me with Uxie. Then I got a great topdeck of Bursting Balloon. Next turn, Bobby decided to use memory slap, and since I had bursting balloon, the 60 hit point Uxie was knocked out. From here, I just wrecked. I used Acerola to pick up my tapu lele, then dominated with Talonflame BREAK. I decided that I didn't want this 9 year old to be sad, so I let him pick up a couple of prize cards before I took game.

Halfway through the game, this kid came in, at the age of around 7 years old. He was HECKA shy. Ben was like "hi my name is ben, nice to meet you," and his dad had to respond for him. He was wearing a hoodie. He sat in the table behind us, and he literally battled his DAD, who didn't know how to play. This kid tried teaching his dad, but it just didn't work. They left just before my battle ended.

Then this other dude came. He's around the same age as me, 12. This dude was spoiled. I knew it. He had this like hecka fancy case to protect his deck, and his binder was full of cards. He said he bought cards by single. Basically his parents let him buy single cards. He bought two 30 dollar Tapu Lele GX on ebay. Gee

I challenged him to a battle. He had a pretty nice deck, it was a Venusaur Shining Genesect Lucario deck. I was seriously so so so so so so so stupid. I could've totally had game. At one point I Lysandred into his four retreat cost Venusaur with no energy. After a while, I decided to Lysandre back into his Shining Genesect. BOI WAS THAT A PROBLEM. I knocked him out, then I realized that he had a Lucario GX in his deck. He brought in his riolu, before evolving into Lucario GX and one shotting. I found a way around this though, as that boosted attack could only be used once, unless he had a devolution spray, which he didn't. I knocked out the Lucario GX, before he brought in his shining genesect. I had this predicted. i knew he couldn't knock out my Tapu Lele. I was planning to retreat then bring in Pyroar BREAK

He said "i'll do gaia blaster for 120."
I said "Boi  that only does 60 damage."
He said "I have jungle Totem"
I said "Jungle Totem only affects itself"
He said "read jungle totem"

And that's when I realized that I had lost.



But seriously, I'm not trying to be salty here.

I'm pretty sure he cheated.
He attached a fighting energy to a shining genesect, before saying "never mind ill take it back." I said that you can't take things back, and he was like FINE. And then he attached a grass to the shining genesect. I told him that he attached a fighting energy, but he just wouldn't listen.

Then he was being sketchy by looking below the table.

And then when he tried to attack my talonflame one time, I said that lucario did 50 damage to me, because talonflame takes 20 less because of parallel city. He said it increased.

Then, I forgot about weakness. Grass is weakness to Fire. AHH IM SO STUPID.

So I'd say I won that battle.



Then I challenged Ben to a battle. He was using this Espeon GX, Gengar, M Alakazam Deck. It was sure a scary deck, but I was READY. I loaded up my hand, then was like "YEA LESSDO IT I GOT GALE WINGS" Jk i had a smile on my face. I placed down gale wings in my active spot, then said i'll go second. I had no basic fire energy in my hand, but a DCE. I also had a cynthia in my hand. I was thinking about attaching a DCE to my talonflame, but I was like nah. I cynthia'd. NO ENERGY. NO ENERGY. NO ENERGY. OMG I WAS SO TRIGGERED. Next turn he Psybeam'ed. Next turn for me I had an evosoda and a burning energy. I evosoda'd my Talonflame into Talonflame BREAK to get rid of the confusion. I attached a burning energy to Talonflame BREAK. This was now my thought process.

"okay so when I aero blitz ill do 40 to knock the espeon down to 160. talonflame break does 150. GOSH DARN IT.....WAIT. WAIT. WAAIITIITITTITITI I HAVE A PROFESSOR KUKUI. I can search my deck for a professor kukui and a burning energy to get this knockout. YESSSSS"

His second turn began with a....RETREAT. WHATATHATHA. THEN HE USED GENGAR's CREEPSHOW TO KNOCK ME OUT. WTF I JUST GRABBED A BURNING ENERGY AND A PROFESSOR KUKUI FOR NOTHING???!!!!!!


Well played, I have to say, but SCREW YOU BEN.

Then he dominated the rest with his gengar. I got a chance when I lysandre'd into his aegislash, but he just built up energy and retreated.

After making me more and more depressed, I scooped.





I'm still triggered.



Lyric(s) of the Post:
I gave you everything
~Everything, Diamond Eyes


Comments

  1. lol you forgot John's name
    nice cards dood. Pokémon cards have expanded so far now...there's like different types of certain Pokémon and stuff.
    nice job being nice to the little kid "bobby".
    lol that 12 year old guy
    lol he spent so much money on that stuff
    oof, little mistakes really do add up
    wowwwwwww ben
    XD nice job tho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xD that was fun.

      Argh still pretty triggered about john crushing me.

      Delete

Post a Comment