The history of my iconic fire deck



The fire deck was built during the beginning of sixth grade. It went on to become undefeated in this neighborhood for two years, still counting.
Back then, the neighborhood didn’t really play with energy.
The decklist contained some Pokemon like
1x Steam Siege Infernape
1x monferno
1x chimchar


1x Simisear
1x Pansear


1x Litten
1x Torrocat
1x incineroar SM


1x Fletchling
1x Fletchinder
1x Steam Siege Talonflame


1x Volcanion


1x Litleo
1x Pyroar


1x evolutions charizard
1x charmeleon
1x charmander


Because these energy-less decks didn’t have energies, I decided “why not add in a whole bunch of Pokemon?”

Also, because we had no energy, attacks that said "discard all energies attached to this Pokemon" are ignored. This gives a HUGE advantage to Infernape and charziard, as they can straight up do 200 damage.

Looking back on this deck, I realized how stupid I was. I had three stage two lines, all of them being a 1 copy of each. With 1 copy of each evolution, it's insanely hard to set them up. 



After a while, I developed into playing with energy. I edited my deck to fit some of these energies


2x Litleo
2x Pyroar

2x Volcanion

2x Talonflame
2x Fletchinder
2x Fletchling

1x Litten
1x Torrocat
1x Incineroar


I became more aware of stage two lines, and with energies added in, I realized how trash Infernape and Charizard are. Incineroar became a beast, as when I set it up, it could deal so much damage and dominate. Pyroar was a great midgame Pokemon.

In terms of rules, our neighborhood played a bit weird.

We could attach as many energy as we want, so if we have five energies in hand, we can set up a wailord in one turn. We could also play infinite supporters during our turn, which promoted cards like "hau" and "tierno." Before y ou knew it, these theme deck trainers became valued as much as an EX because of this infinite supporter rule.

After a while, the infinite supporter rule became banned, and you could attach as many energies as you would like during your turn, as long as these energies would go to different Pokemon. Basically you couldn't attach multiple energy to one Pokemon in a turn, but you could attach multiple energy to all Pokemon.

These rules last until today. With this new rule, "hau" and "tierno" dropped in value. I then went on to pull a chandelure, which changed my deck.


2x Litleo
2x Pyroar

3x Fletchling
3x Fletchinder
3x Talonflame

2x Volcanion

2x Litwik
2x Lampent
1x Chandelure

I went with this deck for I'd say a month, before getting my hands on another chandelure.

2x Litleo
2x Pyroar

2x Herdier
2x Lillipup

3x Fletchling
3x Fletchinder
3x Talonflame

2x Volcanion

2x Litwik
2x Lampent
2x Chandelure

I took out my incineroar line, added it to my fire water deck. I also added in a 2-2 Herdier line for treasure hunt
I also got my hands on a neat Talonflame with a DCE 90 damage move. 

Then....

Pokemon
2x Type:Null
1x Silvally GX

3x Fletchling
3x Fletchinder
4x Talonflame

2x Volcanion
1x Entei GX
1x Volcanion EX

2x Litwik
2x Lampent
2x Chandelure


Trainers
1x Steven
1x Professor Sycamore
1x N
1x Cynthia
1x Town Map
1x Superior Energy Retrieval
1x Ultraball
1x Protection Cube
1x Fiery Torch
2x Lysandre
1x Field Blower
1x VS seeker
1x Rescue Stretcher
1x switch
1x Hau
1x Tierno
1x Sophocles
1x Looker
1x Evosoda
1x Enhanced hammer
1x Pokemon Center Lady




Energies
13x basic fire energy
2x Double Colorless Energy



The fire deck went through a huge change, taking out the pyroar and herdier line. I added in an Entei GX, with a very powerful Brave Burn GX move. I also added in a Volcanion EX to boost up Entei's attacks and Volcanions attacks with the Steam up ability. 

I added in a very dominant Silvally GX with three really powerful attacks & abilities. 

This change completely changed the way I played, and in the long run, this changed my deck a whole lot. I realized that pyroar isn't too good, having a three energy 90 damage attack is not too good for a stage 1. I played tihs deck for I'd say about a year, before going through another big change.





Pokemon(22)
2x Litleo
2x Pyroar
2x Pyroar BREAK

3x Fletchling
3x Fletchinder
4x Talonflame
3x Talonflame BREAK

1x Volcanion
1x Tapu Lele GX
1x Drampa GX


Trainers(24)
2x Protection Cube
2x Professor Sycamore
2x Cynthia
1x N
2x Lysandre
1x VS Seeker
2x Ultra ball
1x Scorched Earth
1x Pokemon Center lady
1x Field Blower
1x Town Map
1x Rare Candy
1x Acerola
1x Rescue Stretcher
1x Teammates
1x Timer ball
1x Professor Kukui
1x Switch
1x Evosoda




Energies(14)
7x Basic Fire Energy
3x Burning Energy
3x Double Colorless Energy
1x Rainbow Energy


THIS IS THE ULTIMATE DECK LIST.

No one can beat this deck. No one comes close. The movement through scorched earth and professor sycamore brings in a lot if discarding, especially energy. Too bad Volcanion can come in and pick up all those energies and get your bench stocked with power heater. Tapu Lele can find you the game winning Lysandre, or the Cynthia you need to refresh your hand. Acerola can be a great game saver, and you get off our heavy evolution lines through timer balls, evosoda, and ultra balls. Teammates and N are both great comeback cards. talonflame Flare blitz has an incredible two energy 150 damage when you have two burning energy attached. Pyroar break, once set up with a protection cube and three fires can completely dominate. Drampa GX can be both a nice finsher and starter from Big Wheel GX and Berserk.

Just such an amazing deck perfected to the next level.



Lyrics(s) of the Post:

Comments

  1. So enlightening! I learned so much. Thank you, Professor Wilson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, cool! Great how you developed and improved your deck over time. It must feel good to hold on to a perfect version of something you've kept for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xD Doubt anyone understood any of that.

      but thanks dood

      Delete

Post a Comment