How to not procrastinate.


Hi

IMO procrastinating is a big issue for some people in middle school, as literally for me I just can't not get distracted. Every few minutes I have to check twitter or google+. Then I find a cool video on twitter i open up on YouTube. On the side bar I see a video called "cute kitten is lost...BUT SOMETHING INSANE HAPPENED(MUST WATCH)*NOT CLICKBAIT* *POLICE INVOLVED*

Then after taking 1 hour to watch a whole bunch of videos and stuff

ok yeah ill stop.



You'll find that when you don't procrastinate, u finish ur homework really fast and you have a ton of freetime to use twitter and youtube without being stressed out.


SO anyway, here are a couple of tips.



  1. The one I find the most useful is this extension called block site. You can set like tiems and stuff, so like 3-5 pm on Mondays and Wednesdays, and since on Tuesday you have a class you can set it to like 6-8 or something. HOwever, during winter break and all that u need to reset all that, so I use the "work mode" setting. How you use it is you go in the workmode setting after downloading the extension, then add a couple of sites. You can also add a site that redirects you, so that whenever you log into twitter during a work mode it redirects you to onemillionlols.com
  2. Force yourself. Before I discovered that extension, a typical tip I used was literally to just force yourself. Every time when I was supposed to be doing homework and I opened up some site, I would literally go like "bruh. stop that" It wouldn't work too much lol
  3. Record yourself. Literally for a while I would have three hour video recordings of me just doing homework. What this does is that it puts pressure on you for some random reason even though it's like a private video or something. It seems to work pretty nice for me. 
  4. Experiences. After experiencing the art of not procrastinating, you'll find that you'll finish your homework at 5 and you will have lots of time to play outside in the afternoon. This is literally what drives me. After finishing homework, you're literally not stressed out at all and you can play freely. Instead, if you procrastinate, you literally are stressed out while you play. 
  5. You should also take breaks. Every time I finish an activity or something I go outside for around like 10 minutes. It works and gives you a reason to finish something and overall makes you happy. Staring at a computer screen or sitting down for more than 30 minutes are both bad for your health.


Lyric(s) of the Post: "I'm tired of this pain."

Comments

  1. What the heck I just downloaded BlockSite two days ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude the simple solution is: dont do your hw

    ReplyDelete
  3. The procrastination nation must be destroyed.

    I try to do #2 and #4 but it's too easy to procrastinate lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment