24 hr fitness 3/17

Yesterday I was playing basketball for around four hours at 24 hour, and it's nice to have the two courts before it possibly gets taken down in two months or something.

SO anyway, I arrived there at like 4 or something, and when I walked in I saw these two kids playing basketball together, and I thought that they were around my age and I was planning to ask to join them after warming up.

So after warming up and stuff, I asked if I could play like king of the court or something, and they immediately said yes.

I learned that one kid had a Stephen CUrry jersey, and was in sixth grade. Let's call him Bill

Let's call this ninth grader John.

We played a game called 21, a game I've never played before. Basically it's a 1v1v1, just that

Kid #1 starts with a ball and kid #2 guards him. Kid #3 is standing under the hoop rebounding.

If kid #1 scores, he shoots a free throw. If he makes, he shoots another free throw. If he misses, kid #2 and kid #3 box out for the rebound, and the kid who comes away with the rebound is now on offense, and is being guarded by kid #1.


If kid #1 misses, most likely kid #3 gets the rebound, and the shooter always guards.


We play ones and twos and first to 21 wins.


I didn't know if John was good, but I definitely knew that Bill was trash because he was wearing a Curry jersey.

John started with the ball, and Bill legit starts screaming
"BABY, I KNOW YOU LOVE ME."

I was shocked, confused, and horrified all at the same time. John told me that Bill was a weird kid and screamed that a lot.

I was guarding John, and I think he missed a three or something. I noticed that he was confident at his three, but he missed wildly.


I got the rebound, and John began to guard me. I took a hard drive, pulled up at the elbow, and sank it. They were shocked, and not to brag but I make those a lot. THat's when I realized that I was probably going to be the best.

On the free throw, the first one made, and Bill was like "this kids good"

On the second, Bill screamed "BABY, I KNOW YOU LOVE ME," leading me to brick.


Bill got the rebound, and I stuck my hand in and stole the ball too easily. I shouldn't have done that.

I drove to the right then to the center and bottom of the key, punpfaked, and spun to the left and got a good finish.

I went on a streak of 6 free throws being made, despite the constant "BABY, I KNOW YOU LOVE ME" distractions.


I started to leave John open from three, and he was starting to make around 40% of them. I was pretty impressed at this three point shot.

I was leading 16-7-1 for a while, before John got a free throw streak and made two threes in a row. I won 21-18-1

After that, we played king of the court, where I kind of dominated. I remember Bill getting a lucky three point heave, in which he proceeded to scream "BABY, I KNOW YOU LOVE ME"

This kid was not shy, even after many heads of adults turning towards him. ,

John was actually pretty good, as he scored on me a couple of times.

After that, some people wanted to play full court so we moved to the other court and we continued playing king of the court.

Bill started to call me "Kyrie" as I was wearing a Kyrie Irving jersey, and called John "streetballer" because he would always grab him on rebounds for fun.


Bill low-key hated streetballer, and at one point I don't know what happened but it turned into a 2v1 of me and Bill vs John.


After that, we played 21 again. I was leading for a while before John somehow sank seven free throws in a row to get to 20 points while I was still at 18. I made a layup, then missed the free throw. John choked on a three that I let him shoot, and I then made a jumper from the free throw line. I made the free throw to win a pretty intense game.


Bill needed to leave, and I took a break. After, I practiced my shooting before being interrupted by a black highschooler(bob). He asked if I wanted to join his game, and I said sure. I thought I would be playing with his highschooler friends, but it seems that he was playing with adults.

My dad usually says that I can't play with adults, as they are stronger and can easily knock you down.

I didn't want to back out, plus, Bob was guarding me, so it's not like I would get bodied.

Halfway through the game, I pulled up from the side and swished it, getting some attention. The next possession I drove in and got a hook shot that I thought was going to go in before some adult blocked it.

We won, mainly because someone on my team was hecka good at threes and could pull up from deep and make it consistently.

After that fun experience, I went back to practicing my shooting, before some short kid that said he was 12 asked me to play one on one.

I started, and I realized that this was going to be an easy one, as he let me drive in and just lay it in. I was pretty tired from playing the game with adults, so I layed back and let him shoot. On my possessions I would either go from three or pull up.

After I won 11-6, he was pretty impressed, and after a handshake and GG, my feet were too numb and sore to play and run more. It was a great day as there were lots of kids today to play with.



Lyric(s) of the POst: When they say I'm a machine gun....I take it as a compliment

WEAPON BY GRANT, BAUM



Comments

  1. Lol that judging from the jersey tho
    BILL'S DISTRACTION HA HA
    It's his last resort
    Nice job grinding basketball

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment