The PPIE run



Welcome to the PPIE run, where people run for free stuff.


Basically it's "run for education" and stuff. I signed up for the 10 kilometer event because I'm a long distance runner, and I've been practicing(i hate to say the word training) for it ever since.

They gave us stuff before the race started.


All of the items were in this sweet cinch bag.



Inside the cinch bag are a bunch of ads but there is also some cool stuff.
















I had to wake up at 6:30 and pick up two of my friends(kevin and marvin) who were both doing 5k. I got to the alameda county fair and went straight to the starting line since the 10k started at 7:50. It was hecka stressful standing there. 




Throughout the course there were signs saying "MILE 1"



MILE 1:
This mile went through a street and basically was a path to Bernal Park, and about a quarter through the run to Bernal Park was a sign with Mile 1. I went at a jogging-ish pace and was pretty much in the front.

MILE 2:
Grownups started to slowly go past me, and I noticed this kid walking and holding his stomach. HOW DO YOU ALREADY HAVE A CRAMP.

We finished off bernal park with a water station that I decided I was too cool for.
Then this kid goes past me legit running, and I legit just wanted to yell out "HEY. YOU'RE NOT COOL."


MILE 3:

I see that kid walking again. I go past him and for the rest of the race I don't see him anymore.

We go under highway 680 on a trail during this mile. My future highschool band teacher passes me.


MILE 4:
We took a turn in this bumpy trail and I grabbed a water, poured it on myself, then threw it away all while running. It definitely made me more energized. A mix of 15k people started pouring in.


MILE 5:
We were backtracking our route during this time. My goal was for no one to pass me during this part


MILE 6:

I knew this was basically the last one, so I legit began to run/sprint, and I passed a lot of people I recognized that passed me. I passed a heck ton of groups and in my opinion a total of around 20 people. My lungs were burning and I was cramping everywhere. I kept on going mainly because there was this guy in front of me. I saw the finish line in sight and began my hardcore sprint and got past that guy. I was hecka done oh my god.





A long race that I ran in 1 hour and 1 minute. My mindset was "JUST KEEP RUNNING...JUST KEEP RUNNING"




Ok anyway after that there were booths everywhere and this is where running is worth it.



I got all this stuff.

BTW for the blue bag, you were supposed to spin a wheel and if you landed on the bag you could have a bag. I really needed a bag to hold all my stuff, so I told Kevin to spin too just to increase the odds.

He went first, and got a lollipop.

I went, and when it was slowing down I realized that the spinner could never land on the bag, so I just grabbed the wheel and turned it to the bag. I'm pretty sure the person working their saw but didn't care lol.








It's a waterbottle. Hecka weird but works



















In addition to that there were also donut holes and odwalla that I ate there.


Finishing medal.




Got to give props to myself for keeping the effort and running 10k straight is just crazy.



Lyric(s) of the Post: I remember the nights when all the light was gone. And I didn't think that I could take another breath

Keep You Close - Nitro Fun Remix – Plastik Funk, Nitro Fun




Comments

  1. Great job! That must have taken a lot of stamina,
    Lol it's 10 km run but the markers are by MILES? HMmmmmmmM ok
    RIP pictures though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol true. but if it was by kilometers then there would've been four more signs

      Delete

Post a Comment