BASC 16

An okay competition. COULDVE BEEN BETTER

My first event was 3x3 OH and so was Eric Chen, so we somehow met each other walking to BART which was a really nice coincidence cause on BART I could do some factory solves with Eric while the parents talked about some random gossip stuff idc about.

The competition was in San Franciso, so once we got off BART there were a heck ton of sketchy people that made me sad and frightened at the same time. It was about a 10 minute walk to the San Franciso Friends school.

From the last BASC comp, there tables.


When I walked in, it was in the school gym, so there were basketball hoops and goals and stuff. I saw stations on the left, then...

PEOPLE WERE SITTING ON THE MOTHER FING BLEACHERS.

There were some foldable chairs in front of the bleachers.

AND THREE TABLES.

Two tables were already taken by a cube shop and the table next to it was used for storage.

The third table had like 10 chairs and was packed. Cubers really value tables, especially because 3x3 OH was the next event.

So I had to move my chair and pretend the bleachers was a table. Hey, it worked.

I practiced some OH, then I was group 2.

They called me up and I only got two solves(1:11 and 1:15) because I couldn't make cutoff. Choked really hard on the second solve.


After that I could technically go to lunch but Eric was a nerd and was doing pyraminx.

He plus 4'd on a solve because he started and stopped the timer incorrectly


After pyraminx, I bought a petal cube from the cube store that costs 12 dollars.

I played around with it while Eric was doing some 5x5 solves. It turns like a skewb. Pretty easy to solve actually and with some sledge spam I learned by myself.

We saw this placed called Pauline's pizza and we wanted to go there. It turned out to be closed so we started to head towards a wholefoods but we saw a tacobell and KFC on the way and there were 5 minutes left till we got to wholefoods so we went there.

Tacobell and KFC were merged into one restaurant which was pretty weird. The menus were like side by side and one section was for KFC while the other was for tacobell. I ordered two dorito loco tacos with potato wedges from KFC. Pretty convenient.

After lunch, we headed back and used some timers since it was still lunch. Then 3x3 started so we left and FOUND A TABLE. BRUHHH.

There were two empty seats next to each other so we just took it and it felt so good having a table. I grinded a ton of 3x3 because I was in group 5. In the beginning I was really scared because I was averaging 27 seconds. I decided to slow my TPS and I instantly got four seconds faster.

Heading into the solves, I was nervous but once the solve started I was instantly calm for some reason. At the other comps halfway through a solve I would just suddenly shiver for some random reason.

I got a 23 on my first solve which I was pleased with because I choked on OLL

Then I got a 24, and that made me kinda happy

I got a 22 then a 21 and was like "dang this average is pretty good."
The last solve I COMPLETELY choked as I messed up one of my OLL cases and got around 32 seconds. Then I legit restarted the timer because I'm used to restarting the timer after I finish a solve when I'm practicing. Honestly I didn't care because it was my worst solve so I just said DNF and walked away after a signature.


Because round two was top 75%, I officially made round 2 in any event for the first time which made me happy.

After 3x3 I directly judged 2x2 then did 2x2. I got some garbage solves in.

On my second solve, I was on a gen two timer, so when I hit the timer at 7 seconds, it kept on going. I realized that it kept on going at around 9 seconds so I hit it and it didn't react. I decided to slam it as hard as I could when it finally stopped...at 11 seconds.

I was really mad

The rest of the solves were kind of garbage as it kinda slipped.


When I returned to my table, I couldnt find my timer.

I am 100% sure that I put my timer at the table, and I am a big idiot for leaving it there because recently there have been several reports of stolen cubes and timers.

I asked everyone aruond in the table if they saw anyone take it but they all just shrugged. I told the delegates and they had no answer.

I went around a bunch of tables feeling all the timers I saw because I knew there was a bump at this one spot.

Nothing. That idiot must've put it in their backpack.

I think someone stole my timer.


I was REALLY sad.


It costed around 25 dollars. motherfing piece of sh


Anyway, after 2x2 was 3x3 OH finals, and I grinded some more 3x3 till 3x3 round 2 was called.


At round 2 I really didn't care about anything because of my stolen timer so I just solved and walked away. I got some decent times with a 24, 21, 22, 27, and 24.


After that we left and went on BART.
On bart there were a lot of people with A's jerseys so an A's game probably ended and stuff. I remember lots of people watching me and Eric cube and I could hear the marvels. Felt really nice.


GG to BASC 16 and that idiot who stole my mother fing timer.


Lyric(s) of the Post: GO!
Too Hot for Pants – MDK


Comments

Post a Comment