Halloween spirit run

Aight I forgot to write about this.

Ok I did really nice.

SO basically I went to a 10k race this weekend where the pleasanton rotary club raises money for stuff and yeah.

So my breakfast was a banana and yogurt pretzels. Pretty solid.

I got there at 8 to see a bunch of adults. Barely any kids and they were all running the 5k.

Compared to PPIE this was kinda small. There were a couple of booths but not many sponsors.

ANyway,

MILE 1
Started off with cramps legit. I was getting really worried but I told myself to run it off and it went away. I went at in my opinion a pretty slow pace. During the first mile we crossed through downtown and they blocked off a lot of roads
MILE 2
this is when the split of 5k and 10k runners occurred. They were legit serving gatorade at the station so I got one then kept running.
This mile was through the river in Iron Horse Trail. Very relaxing running alongside the river.
MILE 3
We continue running on the Iron Horse Trail. A person dressed up as incredibles superhero passes by me which makes me triggered.
MILE 4
We go through creekside park and run next to a road. This mile was the hardest as I was just praying for a station and told myself to keep going as I was expecting a water station.
MILE 5
The station comes and I chuck the cup of water at my face and keep on running because there are people directly behind me. In this mile we start heading towards downtown.
MILE 6
Once I saw the mile 5 sign I decided to speed up my pace in this last mile. I'd say a 7:30 pace for the first like 1200 meters. Passed a decent amount of people
LAST 0.25 MILE
Ez clap I sprinted, my strides became longer, and passed these 5k runners xD. GOd dang my lungs were burning and I ran the 10k in http://acop.racetecresults.com/myresults.aspx?CId=16356&RId=6079&EId=2&AId=333241 57 minutes.

Music is playing and my heart rate is slowing down.  My second 10k race was a 57, something that was considered above average for a runner. I take a bottle of water and easily chug it. I just need that moment to catch up. There is another booth with chips and ice cream which was pretty unexpected. I got one of those bombs those uh like firecracker thingies with the red white blue Popsicle. I check my placing to see if I should stay for awards then see fudging first place.

What dee hue

This is a small race, so there weren't many runners in my age group.

I was bummed when they didn't give me a medal at the end of the race.

But I got one for getting first place.
THis medal literally makes me confident to say that I'm a long distance runner now. I am seriously an endurance runner. Not one of those 2 mile but 10k runners. Yes sir. First place 14-18 men 10k ez claps.

Not gonna like the medal was kinda fire. 






Lyric(s) of the Post: Just keep swimming
-Finding Nemo


Comments

Post a Comment