Pentapping pt. 2

PT 1:  https://cavs4tw.blogspot.com/2020/05/pentapping.html



I've been pentapping for like a year now. Here's an update.


As I learned new techniques and drum loops, my rhythm and coordination grew. I started having so much fun with my beats. Pentapping is just so fun/addicting in general. Today, I can now say that I'm like really good at this. I know so many drum loops and I can incorporate triplets into my beats seamlessly. Overall, the beats are just getting fire. As I'm getting more advance, practicing pentapping becomes less and less effective. I have to look at other people(lenstrumental, shane bang) and observe their beats/technique. This can be very hard sometimes if they zoomed out on their hands or if the beat is super fast. I really wonder how lenstrumental reached his level. He had nothing to refer to. He must've been lost at times, just jamming away aimlessly trying to create a new beat.


I don't have proud recordings within reach, the closest one is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp6w5Y3Yhis. I'm not capping when I say that the beginnign is trash lol. Like, I could definitely make a better syncopation with varying hi-hat rhythms, that's what I would do if I were to redo that cover. Eitherway, the knuckletaps in that cover mean a lot, as consistently banging your knuckles on the table requires time. You need to strengthen your knuckles and that requires pain through banging ur knucks on the table lm*o. Pentapping isn't my proudest hobby, as it seems like something a loser would do. Nonetheless, I get great joy from making and performing beats, and that's really what matters most.



Close your eyes and count to five
Played this game a hundred times
Look for places I can hide
You go left and I go right

In A Dream - Man Club, SVRCINA

Comments