11-6 driving

 

SOOOOOO today I took the SAT. To talk about it briefly, I guessed on some reading questions and also had a huge time crunch (as expected). We booked a hotel for Friday night so I could get good sleep. 

So after I finished the SAT, it was time to drive home. Driving for like 1+ hour is something new to me and although it's fun, the highway is really stressful when you enter. In the beginning, there were super tight turns and on top of that everything was downhill. I had to turn off the music because it was that intense. I was so scared because I was moving at like 75 MPH. Super glad I drove this route though because I have a lot of experience now with scenarios like this.


But then the craziest thing happened.

INCOMING ASCII ART:


|               .               |

|               .   truck    |

|               .               |

|               .               |

|               .               |

|               .   brawl   |

|               .    KD      |

|               .               |

|               .               |

|      ME   .               |

|               .               |

|               .               |


So this is is the scenario. I drew out a vertical street right there with two lanes. I'm on the left lane. 

Pretend "brawl" is a random truck. Literally right behind this car is "KD." I chose these names because I can't decide whether I hate brawl stars or Kevin Durant more. It's a passionate urge of mine. Then there's a truck in front of those two. It's a huge pepsi truck. 


Now KD has been behind brawl for A WHILE NOW. According to my dad, KD was originally in front of brawl before literally steering to the right sholuder and letting brawl go in front. KD is behind brawl by literally like three feet. It's insane. They're going 70+ MPH, if brawl hits the brakes then it's all over. Now I don't think brawl and KD like each other. Brawl is aggressively following KD but theyre going at a steady pace. I can't tell if they're friends and are playing tag on a freeway or something. 


So I immediately want to avoid this. Literally it's a two lane highway and we have brawl and KD going 70+ mph with literally no room to breathe. So I begin to accerelate and I want to pass the pepsi truck.

|               .               |

|               .   truck    |

|               .   brawl   |

|      ME   .        KD |

|               .               |

|               .               |

|               .               |

|               .               |

|               .               |

|               .               |

|               .               |

|               .               |


So as I begin to get closer to the pepsi truck, I notice that brawl is accerlating along with me and we're side-by-side. 



AND AT THE LAST MOMENT. BRAWL WAITS FOR THE SMALLEST CREVICE AND PLUNGES INTO MY LANE. HE SQUEEZES BETWEEN ME AND THE PEPSI TRUCK AND IM LITERALLY ACCERLATING, MY FOOT IS LITERALLY SPAMMING THE GAS PEDAL BEFORE THIS GUY PULLS UP RIGHT BETWEEN US AND ITS JUST NATURAL INSTINCT AND IMMEDIATELY BRAKE SO HARD.


Thank god there weren't any cars behind me because I braked super hard. Right after that, KD switches onto my lane to follow brawl. This is not normal. KD and brawl have some tag game going on on a highway, and brawl was waiting for the smallest gap between me and the pepsi truck because he didn't want KD to follow him. 

Can you just imagine. These guys are literally playing tag on a highway. Not only that but they're using me and the pepsi truck as a barrier and obstacle. Like I legit got my license last week on Monday, why are you doing this. I could've easily been jamming out to a beat drop in the car and not paying attention and BOOM. 


Unfortunately, this behavior is somewhat common. Teenagers love racing and hitting triple digit speeds. A friend in my cybersecurity class walked in with a bright smile one day saying that he drove 120 mph on a highway when he ditched school. 


Life is crazy.



Lyric(s) of the Post: "I've been high, Lately I've been high."

High (feat. Aleesia) - JPB, Aleesia



Comments