Road to sub 4 || Ep. 1

 

Welcome to Episode 1 of  Road to Sub 4! This could be the last episode. Let's hope it isn't.


Throughout recent posts, I've mentioned sometimes that I really want a skewb podium. If I'm cubing, 99% of the time I'll be doing skewb.



I have over 3,000 recorded solves in this one session since 10-20. When I'm bored, I used to default to YouTube where I would waste an unhealthy amount of time. I moved this habit into cubing and the results are coming in.



Let's talk about the PBs in this list. All of these except for ao50 and ao100 are PBs which is kinda weird but like it's whatever. I had a sub 1 single. Literally the craziest thing, it's just shear luck lol. http://cavs4tw.blogspot.com/2021/11/11-22-21-skewb-new-pb-single.html






0.91% of my solves were DNFs. Over 3,000 solves... this was by far the most I've grinded skewb. That's roughly 100 solves a day although it's been more than a month. 



Here is the time trend graph. Just look at that 0.9 dip in that gray line. It's beautiful. You can see that it's lbasically stagnant. That's how cubing works as you get more and more elite. It applies for anything, improvement is harder as you improve. 


However, I certainly did improve. There's lots of pi + wat algorithms that I can execute smoothly and flawlessly. Most notably I remember having a mean of 4.450 roughly at around 2500 solves. As I progressed, it slowly came down to a 4.418. It's pretty crazy. That's such a small difference yet it was just so obvious how it was slowly decreasing. It's so hard to explain but seeing that made me super satisfied.



So yea, road to sub 4. If I can do that, podium should be guaranteed. 1st place is very likely. Maybe I should actually focus on improving 3x3 because there's so many things I can do to get better at 3x3. 

I still have various peanut + swirl or peanut + z perm conjugate NS algorithms to learn. Let'sgooooo. I'll be starting a new session. Let's see when I'll stop that one.



Lyric(s) of the Post: "drop it"

iPhone (MetroGnome Remix)


Comments