Turkey Trot/Burn run 11-25-21

 So at the Halloween run this year, there was a flyer for the Turkey Trot run which they mentioned was lower budget without timing. I decided why not. It's another chance to find some pacemakers and potentially go for a PB.


And that's exactly what happened.

It cost like 5 dollars and the shirt was optional, another indicator that this race wasn't as serious.




It was still legit, there were booths with cool stuff. Just no placing/podiums. This time it was the Ken Mercer Sports park. Still hosted by Pleasanton rotary. 

This was the bib.

And the optional shirt that I bought cuz why not it's a limited-edition souvenir.



I actually saw some people I knew. A lot of the people on the Amador cross country team came out because they barely missed the state qualifying tournament thing. It's unfortunate. I also convinced josh, ashwin, and allen. Allen didn't come because he's sick :(








And 3.2.1....GO



Mile 1: I opened up Old Man and the Three and checked out the most recent podcast with Mikail Bridges. It was pretty fire. This mile was pretty chill as I actually biked along this path several times in the summer. 

Mile 2: I began to slow down and found a reliable old guy to pacemake. 

Mile 3: I took it calm and enjoyed the scenery. I don't remember much from this mile as it just kinda flew by

Mile 4: This mile I remember. The guy in front of me was starting to slow down which frustrated me so I gave up and got ahead of him. As I kept running, I saw this little girl with a turkey hat. She was running super controllably and her pace was out of my comfort zone... perfect..

Mile 5: I legit followed her like this entire time. She might've thought I was a creep. I was dead behind her the entire time and I felt that I was running pretty fast right behind her. BIG RESPECT to whoever that girl was because she is really good for her age/height. LOL

Mile 6: Mile 5-6 I began to drift off. There were so many people walking in front of me and the girl which was kind of frustrating because we had to navigate around them. I would say at around the 5.5 mark I pulled ahead and got ahead of the girl. I started seriously sprinting and started passing more and more people. This was pretty traditional for how I run a 10k.

Mile 6.25: Just full-on running. 


FINAL TIME: 50: 06


I'm starting to question this trail. They definitely didn't measure it obviously, but this is too off. My app tracked 5.96 miles. Really? Either way I'm proud because if I add in the .29 miles at the end, I would've gotten around 52 minutes which would be my PB.


I couldn't have done it without her thats for sure. The final two miles were excruciating. I remember hearing my app announce that I ran the first 4 miles in 38 minutes. That's when I thought....I could do this.


Lyric(s) of the Post: 
So tell your squad to come through
You'll know they happy for you








Comments