2022 NBA All-Star weekend

 

Pretty exciting All-Star weekend! This one was held in Cleveland. I remember in 2019 or something that Cleveland woudl host in 2022 and idk why but I never forgot about it. The time has finally come.

Skills Challenge

The Cavs team won by a landslide, deservingly so. I'm so happy for that squad, especially Evan Mobley SHINING WITH THAT FIRST TRY HALF COURT SHOT TO SECURE THE DUB. Their opponents were both pretty trash. The rookies kept missing and the cavs were just overall better on paper too. You love to see it.

Three Point Contest

 - I really wish CJ Mccolum made his last shot which woudlve given him 21 pts and maybe to the final round. I thought that he had solid contention but wahtever

 - I didn't expect THAT type of performance from KAT or Luke Kennard in the first round, especially KAT. And then when KAT popped off with the 29 pts in the final round, it was insane. He absolutely popped off in the first half of the shots, and was solid in the second half. Trae Young was okay. The other contestants were mediocre. My main thoughts are that I'm happy that the Center, KAT, won the three point contest, and actually broke the three point contest record. That's really cool. 



SLAM DUNK

First round

 - Cole Anthony, first dunk. I woudl judge this as a 7. It was wholesome to bring out your dad but the dunk itself was so bad. I could literally do that type of dunk on my indoor hoop in my sleep. It was literally just a windmill. There wasn't any other effects other than that which is just sad. 

 - Juan Toscano Anderson, first dunk. Love the Mexican colors and stuff, but asking for Julius Erving's signature is so random lol. Other than that, the dunk was also very simple and honestly not exciting. It was pretty good with the arm raise, so I would give it an 8 or a 9, probably an 8 honestly.

 - Obi Toppin, first dunk. Jumped over someone while behind the back and dunking it. Honestly pretty solid, I thought it was pretty good, nice finish too. I woudl give it a 9.

 - Jalen Green, first dunk. The NFT was a neat idea. He jumped pretty high on that windmill. It was an alright dunk, I feel like he could've went for a between the legs on that one. I woudl give it an 8. 

 - Jalen Green, second dunk. I honestly was pretty blown away by that. The 360 paired witht he betwen the legs is actually really hard. That is a super hard dunk to do. 10/10 for me easily. I don't know why the judges only gave him 9, it was really good. 

 - Cole Anthony, second dunk. Although he missed all three, that's a pretty hard dunk to do. I feel like a dunk contest winner would've gotten that within 2 tries. By convention, it's a 6 from me since it's not completed. 

 - JTA, second dunk. Pretty solid dunk, I thought that Jalen Greens was better, so it's a 9 from me. 360 dunks are underappreciated in my opinion

 - Obi Toppin, second dunk. I liked the double clinch. FInally an off the glass dunk, those are really fun to do. That is definitely a 10 from me, that is an insanely hard dunk to do. The through the legs, off the window, double clinch, reverse dunk. No question it's a 10. 

 Final round

 - JTA, first dunk. Terrible dunk lol. I would give it a 7. 

 - Obi Toppin, first dunk. Trash dunk. Took his third attempt. I want more hype in this dunk contest, like calling out people from the fans to give the alley oop or something. I would give it an 8 for tho cuz it was still okay.Maybe a 7

 - JTA, second dunk. That is a hard dunk to do. I feel bad for JTA lol, that would've been amazing if he did it. Unfortunately it was just too hard and he got unlucky rip lol. 6 by convention 

 - Obi Toppin, second dunk. JTA blowing his second dunk kind of ruined the dunk contest. Cool little bounce off the glass.



Winner: Obi Toppin.

I am absolutely disappointed with JTA's dunks. I wanted some cool arm inside the net dunk to replicate the vintage Jason Richardson dunks. He needs some cool style things. The only thing he did was asking for Dr. J's signature and then wearing a mexican-themed jersey. Pathetic effort from JTA, I don't know hwo any of his friends who knew about his dunks didn't bring this up to him.

Obi Toppin had solid dunks, he deserved to make the final round. However, the dunk contest winner shouldn't have dunks like that. The dunk contest winner should have a thundering 50 point dunk. He had potential but missed the two attempts, where he had to go for a safety on his third attempt. I guess it's just unlucky.

The other two contestants were pretty trash. Please bring Ja Morant into the dunk contest next year.

All-Star Game

I don't really care about celebrity/rising-stars game. I did watch the ending of the All-star game tho. At one point it was 155-155 tie game. It was anyone's game but Jarett Allen ABSOLUTE CLAMPED. They gave my guy the clutch time minutes like he deserves. Pretty entertaining game with a not-so-pretty ending from Curry. He bricked his last 5 3 pt attempts, which would've given him the All-star pts scored record over Anthony Davis, but he just kept missing. He finished with 50 points and like 16 threes or something which is pretty insane. There were some pretty cool moments from Curry and other players that I didn't watch because literally the only entertaining part of the game is the ending. Lebron with the tough fadeaway game-winner, very cool too.


So yeah overall, a pretty sub-par all-star weekend. I remember 2020 was a super fun all-star weekend. The only thing that was really fun was the skills challenge. I legit smiled while watching it lol. Everything else was average except for the dunk contest, which was a straight disappointment.


Lyric(s) of the Post: "Is it too late to say that I'm just not sure"

What am I to do - Man Club



Comments