Injuries

 

Injuries basically ruin the NBA honestly. Honestly, lots championships can be blamed from injuries on other teams. 2021, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2015 all have an asterisk to them honestly. Don't get me wrong, those championships are worthy and deserved, it's just that in my opinion, there is an asterisk. Injuries are part of life, and they are part of the NBA. 


SO you thought this would be a post about NBA...no


It's about my personal injuries. I never had any major injuries where I broke a bone or had to go in a cast. Those honestly suck. I don't know why that's never happened, I've been kind of close to it before.


SO yesterday, I was at the park. We were playing some games when this tall guy pulled up. I knew him from my English class(Dylan Kwong) and if he played basketball regularly, he would dominate. But because he didn't, I coudl still guard/contain him pretty well. It was also very easy to back him down as he didn't know how to play defense that well. 

So then we made teams and we were on different teams. I insisted on guarding him since I knew how to. So then on one possession, he went up for a running layup thing. I tried to contest with my left arm and I blocked it but I literally forgot but something happend so that my arm literally twisted. It's been a day since that incident so I forgot what happened, but all I remember is that I went up for the contest, and next thing you know my arm feels HORRIBLE. Like I literally felt a bone in my arm rotate a full 30 degrees and then snap back in place. That's a pretty accurate description tbh, thats what it felt like. My arm felt so bad, I needed a minute to sit down. Afterwards, I got back on the court and was super cautious. After like 10 minutes, I didn't feel any lasting pain. However, even today, when I try to scratch my back, that one muscle/bone thing on my left arm feels super twisted/awkward. I feel like if the same type of thing happens again, then my arm will literally break because it's pretty weakened. Let's just see how I feel tomorrow. Honestly, it feels fine, it's just when I twist it in certain positions such as trying to scratch my upper back.

Fast forward a little later and were doing 2v2v2 king of the court. First to score 3 stays on the court, with three pointer equating to 2 points and all other baskets having a value of 1 point. I was going against Dylan, and I posted him up for two straight possessions and got a nice hook shot and reverse layup. We were up 2-0. My teammate checked the ball and I immediately demanded for it, as I wanted to finish the 3-0 sweep the way things started. I drove to the hole but couldn't create enough space to get up a finish, so I tried to reverse it but there was help defense on me. Instead of passing the ball, I tried to break free of it and reset so I could go on the right side again. However, when I tried to clear out the ball, I literally tripped, and as I was falling, I knew I had to take that shot. Making the shot while falling down would be so cool, and I didn't want to break the streak since I literally just scored 2 in a row. It would be so cool if I could make this shot.

However, what happened is that I absolutely airballed the shot because I underestimated the momentum of falling down, even though I knew I had to shoot it a little bit higher/stronger. I didn't know it needed THAT much more power. Either way, I airballed the shot, but then what happened next is that because I was so focused on the shot, my back collapsed on the ground, and next thing you know, the back of my head hits the ground HARD. My head hurt like crazy after that, and I remember after 10 seconds, I opened my eyes and everyone was huddled around me. I don't know why but moments like that are so wholesome. I was down and everyone was huddled around me checking on me. Just the bare sight of like everyone looking down at you is so wholesome idk why. Ok anyway, I got helped up and my head just continued hurting. I drank some water, and after like 2 minutes it felt a little bit better. Gradually, after a while, I was all good. That's always how it happens when you bang your head or hit your head or something, you lose a couple million braincells but after a while you feel alright as if none of that happened.

So yesterday, especially the left arm thing, was kind of a wake up call. My friend craig rolled his ankle and his healing process is long. I need to be a bit more careful and maybe not try to attempt shots while I'm literally falling towards the ground. I don't know how I could've prevented the arm thing to be honest, as it was a genuine defensive contest. My arm still feels kinda sus bruh. I'm currently planning on going on Monday(tomorrow) but I'm not sure if I should. Maybe if I wake up tomorrow and my left arm still has that same thing, I won't contest with my left arm anymore and just let layups happen during those situations. That's easier said than done honestly.


SO yeah what type of post is that. A rant or a brain dump? It kind of fits a brain dump tbh.


Lyric(s) of the Post: 

Just keep breathing
Just keep breathing now
Don’t run away
We can still figure it out
Why do I do this
Why do I push you down
I’m reaching out

Medusa - Aiobahn, Cozi Zuehlsdorff

Comments