School Update | 2-18-22

 

I'm starting to lose blog post ideas, but anyway, here's a pretty cool school update.


Ever since the start of the school year, there was construction near the back of the school for a new building. I thought this would take like 2 years to build and I never really processed the idea that I would be in the new building for some reason. I just saw it as random construction. Anyway, around two weeks before two of my classes moved to the new building, my physics teacher announced it. I was pretty shocked but also pretty hyped. 


Ok anyway, my AP Physics class and Cybersecurity class moved to the new building on 2-15 this week after the 3-day weekend and it was pretty exciting. I tried to take photos of stuff but like I was in a classroom and soem of my peers thought I was sus when I was just taking photos of random stuff lol.


Old physics classroom: 




About the new buildings, here is the school news show that covered it. The narrator's accent is kinda sus but whatever: https://www.amadorvalleytoday.org/19269/avtv/the-r-building-amadors-new-building-on-campus/



All of the Physics, CS, portables, are being moved to the new building. Some other classrooms like special ed and some in the C building are also being moved. It has two stories and the rooms are all pretty small except for the Physics classrooms. It's not like suepr small but like its kinda small lol. 



That was a photo from me walking to 2nd period Physics.



I was like one of the last kids to walk to the classroom so I tried to secretly take photos so these aren't the best.







I actually rly like this photo lol. That is mark, hopefully he doesnt find this. On the left you can see Henry who is literally pointing to where I sit lol because there were new seats. Idk why but thats so funny how I caught that action-moment on camera. I walked to the back of the room to get that photo so he thought I was lost and didn't know where I was sitting.



This is where I sit. The guy in the blue jacket blocks half the screen, but luckily my teacher literally connected a second projector to the back of the room so I look at that one. The room is so big that she ltierally put two projects on two sides of the room. The front of the room has this main projector, which is actually super cool. They installed those new projectors after winter berak to a lot of classrooms. You can literally interact with the screen on like the hovering projector itself.




U can literally draw on the projector and zoom in on certain sections. My english teacher used that to read a passage to us which is super cool. You can even scroll aroudn but I'm not sure about the details of thsoe mechanics.



I don't have any photos of my cybersecurity classroom because I forgot. It's generally a bit smaller and has these goldfish desks:



They can be formed into groups of 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. They are whiteboard glossed on the top which is also pretty cool. I found that they are also very good pentapping tables ;)



SO yeah tahts all I have for the new classrooms. It's very exciting!



SO other than that, I selected and submitted my schedule for senior year. I might drop/change a class but this is what I have so far:

  1. AP Lit
  2. AP Music Theory
  3. AP Human Geo
  4. Regular Civics/Econ
  5. Wind Ensemble I
  6. Multivariable calc

SO I will have a free 6th period again this year which is something I don't want to lose. I'm thinking about taking AP Gov, I will need a breadth of advice for that decision. I don't want my workload to be too tough as I'm taking AP Lit. I'm pretty excited for AP Human Geo, I've always wanted to take that class. I remember in Honors Global I enjoyed lots of stuff, especially stuff about Geography. Fanschool was so fun, hopefully we get to do that again.

But the thing I'm most excited about next year is.... MARCHING BAND
LETSGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I quit marching band this year because my parents let me. I wanted to do winter percussion too but my parents didnt let me, which is all understandable. I was fine with not doing marching band this year, as I had lots of time. 

Anyway, next year is teh 100 YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF AMADOR. I am in the 100th graduating class of Amador, which is pretty lucky lol. For that anniversary, the AV band program has been saving money for quite a long time now for NEW UNIFORMS. 

This is what the new uniforms are projected to be like. That white stripe looks kinda cool. 

I have absolutely NO CLUE what section to join. I'm not gonna be rejoining the mellophones because I want to try a new instrument out.

Here are the candidates right now:

trumpet
pit
alto saxophone
(in no particular order)

there are + and - to everything. I genuinely have no clue what section I am going to join. It's going to be interesting.


So yea thats a cool school update

Lyric(s) of the Post: 
I know that you're mine
But I wish we could pause and press rewind
When I'm not with you
Boy you got me hopin' for a redo

Comments