AP Testing Junior year of Highschool + life update

 

SO I just took my last AP Tests. I'm free. Regardless of how it went, I did it.


Last week, Thursday, 5/5, AP Statistics. 12:00 PM

I didn't study much for this beside going over chapters 11 and 12 since thsoe were so exotic. I did a mock test two days before and realized the perseverance it takes to do 6 FRQs. Anyway, I didn't go overboard with the studying and on test day I felt confident.

MC = 40 questions, 90 minutes.

 - I took MY TIME doing these questions and they were just standard stat questions. I did end up guessing on like 2 questions tho I remember. I finished with like 10 minutes to spare, but others finished with literally 40 minutes to spare. There was a dude who finished it in 40 minutes, took a 30 minute nap, and then did 20 minute review like a CHAD. Absolutely no words for that guy.

FRQ = 5 standard + 1 investigative, 90 minutes. problems are already released

 - I didn't take MY TIME as from the MOCK test I knew I couldn't go slow and check everything. #1 was an easy clap, #2 was super easy, number 3 was straightforward but it was a HUGE time sink to show out all of my work. Nonetheless, I was on good pace and then I see number 4 and it's an absolute JOKE. One variable confidence interval...they really went easy.

 - Anyway, after completing 1-4, I had around 40 minutes left, so I actually skipped Q5 straight to the investigative task because it was more important. The investigative task has to be the most trivial thing ever. It's the type of question where if I was taking a mock test, I would straight up skip it. This investigative task has got to be the least thought-provoking and most unnecessary problem ever.

 - Anyway, I went to #5 and did it until I got to part C. I was SHOOK and I ended up just making up data for the standard deviation. I was rushing and writing down tons of stuff in the last minutes for 5c.

But overall, the FRQ went well. I expected either a two-variable, chi-square, or linear regression problem but got a one-variable confidence interval instead.


Today, AP Language and Composition. 8:00 AM

I didn't study for this at all, as I pretty much put all my attention into Physics. Plus, there wasn't really much I could do to improve my MC skills in a weeks span.

MC = 45 questions, 1 hour

 - As soon as I opened the MC booklet, I knew I was in for a BATTLE. However, all the texts were actually readable and understandable. I felt like I did better than normal on the MC. THere were still some questions I were sus about thos.

FRQ = 3 questions, 2 hours 15 minutes

The FRQ was going to be rough. I ended up flipping all the way to Q3, the argumentative prompt, and I saw that it was super short and basically about decision-making so I just went straight for that. I wrote about the Celtics vs. Nets game 1 and how Marcus Smart's timely decision-making and not rushing a shot was pivotal to winning the game, and connected it to high-pressure situations in general. Additionally, I talked about historical events, AKA wars, and how it's better to have timely decisions than quick decisions.

I then scrolled back to the Synthesis, since Synthesis is basically just argumentative but with sources, and I just did argumentative. I wrote sub-par on that and finished it with like 45 minutes left to spare, and so I moved on the rhetorical analysis thing, where I wrote "prideful diction" and "pathos." I especially pointed out how the author used Spanish words to convey her pride and authenticity and blahlabalhalabalhalabalhalah.


Overall, I felt way better about AP Lang than before the test. I think I did well on it.


Today, AP Physics C Mechanics, 12:30 PM

We had 15 minutes to eat lunch in between. I was not in the mood to take this test, but I had to.

MC = 35 questions, 45 minutes

The MC was pretty rough. I guessed on around like 3-4 questions at the end because of timing, and I had no clue how to do another solid 5-10 questions and ended up guessing on it. 

FRQ = 3 questions, 45 minutes

I was able to sort of do the first 2 questions, and do half of the third question, which is above average and I'm hoping it's enough...

Today, AP Physics C Electricity and Magnetism, 3:00 PM 

We had a 10 minute break in between and I was just thoughtless. I wasn't tired or anything, just empty inside.

MC = 35 questions, 45 minutes

I did terrible on this MC. I would say the amount of questions that I was certain of the answer was in the single-digit range. Everything else was either between two answers, or just a pure guess due to timing or skill issue. It was straight terrible, and I felt horrible afterwards.

FRQ = 3 questions, 45 minutes

Something is off if you finish 15 minutes early. This time its not because I'm smart, but because I don't know how to do so many parts of the questions. I would say I had a super hard version. The questions were just so rough...I could sovle magnetic field questions very well, along with anything electrostatic or looprule. Instead, they gave me 2 solenoid problems and one really complicated RC circuit I couldn't wrap my head around. On top of that, I completely BLANKED OUT on deriving the current for RC circuits and I was just insanely frustrated with myself on how I couldn't derive it. It was killing me.




I don't want to ever think about those AP tests, ESPECIALLY E&M, ever again. I did terrible on E&M, and my streak is 100% ruined from that. There is no doubt.


Let's look on the bright side.


CUBING

I signed up for Berkeley Summer 2022 and it had SKEWB!!! Let's go!

This will be a big competition, and there are lot of opponents I must note. There's a solid like 3 other competitors (Cameron MillerYepeng SunMitchell Lane) that are FULLY capable of dropping a sub-5 average on any night. With that on my mind, I learned an underwhelming 2 algs, but I discovered something else.

I AM FULLY CAPABLE OF IT. I AM HIM. I am him...When I internalize my pulse, and seriously focus on my turning, I AM FULLY CAPABLE OF SUB 3.6...Seriously. I tried it out. I just pretended it was a competition, and I pretended I was hungry for it. I executed scrambles in less than 3.5 seconds that I would've normally done at aroudn 4.2 seconds, and this was just all a mentality. As I grow to become more and more elite, it becomes more and more based around mentality. 

I'm going to continue my streak, and get 1st place. My main concern is Cameron Miller as he could seriously pop off but with my mentality myself, I can POP OFF TOO.

PEN-TAPPING

There is a random collage concert band thing for my school, and I don't really know what it is except I could sign up for some sort of performance. There were mainly wind quartets, brass quintets, bassoon solos, percussion solos, and just things of those nature. However, this is my opporunity to thrive, and put all of my pen-tapping to work. The only reason why I practiced pen-tapping was literally all for fun, but now, I can perform in front of an audience, and that idea is seriously super exciting. I genuinely think that I have some hype beats and I think that I will surprise my band director when I audition. Seriously.


Lyric(s) of the Post: "Something to forget (something to forget), someone to forget."

Someone to Forget - MRNX

Comments

  1. i think we’re both going to have E and M traumatic stress disorder for a long time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have PTSD from solenoids :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment