2nd Sem Senior year so far | UPDATES ON life TOO!

 

Current Day

Its like 2-3 weeks into 2nd semester senior year. 


To start us off on what this post will be like, let's take a look at what I did today.


 - I went to school at like 7:15 for A Period and fooled around in a horn sectional since our horn coach was here.

 - played geoguessr doing ap human geo while occasionally looking at what we were doing in class and being confused

 - literally being so bored during economics since my teacher doesnt let us have laptops or phones out. so i legit took off my keychain rubik's cube and played with it under my desk while she lectured about the most stupid things

 - spent the period playing geoguessr in AP Lit. Today was day 1 of starting our essay for a book we read so it was like a work period in which no one really worked.

 - (during lunch) went to the Rubik's cube club!!! I'ev never mentioned this before on my blog, I'll make sure to have a separate post on this.

 - went to music theory where i was on my phone the entire time. i genuinely dont care about music theory anymore. I dont think what we are learning is useful, I'm not taking the AP Test, and it's just genuinely boring. 


And then after school:

 - got home and watched youtube for like an hour

 - and then cubed for like 90 minutes

 - and then played geoguessr for like an hour

 - and then ate dinner

 - and then played geoguessr for like an hour ( i bought the free trial today)

 - and then cubed for like an hour. Right now its 10 PM as I just feel lost so I had this impulse to write on my blog.


So like yeah. I literally just juggle around cubing, geoguessr, and then mix in drums, pentapping with that in my free time. Other than that, I go to the gym on Tuesdays and Fridays and then go to the park on the weekend. Man playing basketball is so fun dude I remember when my back was going through this phase in 1st semester I missed balling out so much.



It's hard to describe how I'm feeling. I have an AP HUG test on Thursday that I should definitely prepare for. I'm super lost in multivar, which was the only class that I promised myself that I will stay on top of in 2nd semester. I'm sure I will recover, but man I just would like to play geoguessr more.


Goals

Second semester senior year goals:

 - get rly good at geoguessr (i know htis isn't measurable, so like around mark zhou's level)

 - be able to communicate my rhythmic creativity to the drumset. Right now, I'm still limited as my technique isnt there.

 - average 11 seconds on 3x3. Like a solid 11 seconds. If I go to a comp, then (other than making final round) a sub-10 3x3 single would literally make me cry. It's been so long...

 - follow along in multivar as i'm sure college wouldn't be so forgiving



Okay. THis will be a messy post... but let's talk about some updates in my life. I've posted on this blog twice since the start of december, and a lot of things have happened.

1st semester senior year, College Apps

I posted like once a month during 1st semester of school. It was pretty much because I was so fixated on grades and college apps. 

I applied to UC's + 10 Common App schools. I had a college counselor that kinda like wrote some framework and helped edit my essays which helps SO MUCH. Worth it.

GOd that stuff is so stressful. But I made it through fairly comfortably. I know many ppl who had it tougher than me. I really hope I make one of my reach schools... I really want to, everyone wants to. 


Let's talk about my classes now.
 - A Period, Wind 1. I got demoted from 2nd chair to 4th chair even though I feel like I should be sitting in the 2nd chair. It's still weird to me... Probably cuz I have bad tone? I can legit play better than 3rd chair that's for sure, and I never hear 2nd chair play so like I can't rly say much but like I would consider myself solid at Horn. I can hit high G's consistently and I literally played in YPSO in Europe with rly hard music. It's upsetting. It kind of bothers me, but at the end of the day it just makes me not care about band, and so there's the problem solved.
 - 1st Period, MVC. Reyes is a pretty funny teacher. There was a stretch during 1st semester where me and these 10th grade HPC kids that also had reyes would pull up to her access and fool around. I would pentap and cause a massive disruption to everyone trying to study around me and then play zombs or literally absolutely fool around to the maximum level. I wish I could say that I regret it but it was straight up so funny being in reyes with all these HPC kids. Here's how it ended though:

    About the actual MVC itself, I ended with an A in this class comfortably. I legit studied like max 2 days before every test and would feel so scuffed into every test, yet I'd always clutch up. Through this semester I feel like I rarely made small errors on the tests, which I saw was common in a lot of other ppl. There were kids that didn't draw hats on their vectors or forget to write +C or forget the bounds on time intervals. I never lost those small points, and it ended up being huge for me. I was at like a 93% before our final of the semester, which was a presentation. I think it was Mrs. James from 10th grade calc BC that really made me have this habit of just doing my math so neatly. I'm genuinely thankful for that. A ton of smart kids were at a borderline grade because of these small mistakes.

    Anyway, our final exam of the semester was a presentation. I made a research paper on superconductors. Half the info here is copied off a youtube video if you want me to be real with you, but I think it's a solid paper that you will leave after reading and feel like a different person. Here's the link. I felt my presentation was pretty solid.

 - 2nd Period, AP HUG. If Zuanich is like reading off names or whatever you call it during graduation, I will 100% choose her to read off my name. She's just such a great teacher, and I'm definitely bias because like her jokes and personality just appeal so directly to me. Sometimes she just has the stupidest ideas to try to have her activies be unique and refreshing, but in general she puts so much effort into making sure we learn. She just genuinely cares so much about her students. 
    Anyway, a big part of this class was fantasy geo. It's basically fantasy football but with countries. You have a team lineup of countries where u try to maximize the amount of news headlines your lineup makes in the news. The meta shifts every day as news constantly shifts, it comes and goes. I literally logged onto discord and fanschool at 9:50 every day for a solid 2-3 month stretch. Every day. Except for one day where I showered and lost track of time... but like I literally logged on ever day. No one else was on my level WITH ALL DUE RESPECT. I just enjoyed it a lot and the reward of being consistent, as I ended up winning individually in my period and in all periods overall. So yeah that was a pretty integral part of my life in 1st semster senior year tbh. I would get on my phone during marching band championships at 9:50 when we were at the lot warming up. I remenber it was really exciting during world cup cuz of all the news. 



    At the end of ap hug these sophomore girls who we were competing against throughout fancshol proposed to join forces for second semester which I initially was reluctant on, but I realized that will ultimately make things more fun as I'm like competing against everyone in my team now since our team will get 1st place so easy. 

 - 3rd Period, Civics
    First semester senior year was civics, second sem is economics. During civics I had Mr Weber who was rly chill. Literally he didnt care if we had our laptops out when he was lecturing or whatever, he rarely gave homework, and he was just genuinely such a chill teacher. He's literally the ideal civics teacher. I did so much homework and studying in that class. I really liked him, he was rly nice too. 
 - 4th Period, AP Lit
    Idk what I would do if I got pagtakhan over ekstrom cuz ekstrom is so chill. It's literally not even an AP class. its either a reading quiz which everyone gets 100% on cuz we grade ecah others paper or a work period in that class. Other days its Lit circle on block days or essay stuff like 15% of the time of the year. Ended with a pretty comfortable A- because the quizzes category was weighted so hard. I still think my Lord of the Flies essay shoudlve done better than an 85%, I thought it was really good. He prob just gave me that score cuz im in the corner of the class with like dumb kids or something idk
 - 5th Period, AP Music Theory
    I sweated like somewhat hard during this class in first semester. This was back when I actually paid attention and understood what was going on. We learned about cadences, intervals, church modes, scales, rhythm stuff. The last like three weeks of the semester was working on composing our own christmas carol (here's mine: https://musescore.com/user/55597616/scores/9613525). And then we all played each other's pieces in this like mini-symphony that we had. We had 1 horn (me), 1 oboe, 1 flute, 1 trumpet, 3 trombones, 3 violins, 1 string bass, 1 bassoon, 2 cellos, and 2 percussionists in the class which provided somewhat of a balance. The 3 trombones was pretty noticeable tho, and there was only 1 alto voice (me). All the piano and choir players were singing. But yea that was pretty fun and silly to do play in this like makeshift symphony.


Geoguessr

Geoguessr didn't full start until literally like a week ago. I've played geotastic with my friends a couple of times but we were all rly bad. I've had it on my mind and I've seen Rainbolt's instagram reels so yeah, it's been on my radar. It wasn't until winter break where I just had this urge to want to get good at geoguessr. Guess it aligns with my interest towards like geography and stuff. But anyway, I rly got into it and found like the adrenaline and hype in geoguessr literally a week ago, and just in this past week I've improved VASTLY. This just started, and I'm excited to see what happens in the rest of the semester and if I can meet my goal. I'm on a free trial right now, and I'll probably be due to pay money for geoguessr pro soon as it's unplayable to do duels(and countless other features) on geoguessr without a pro acc. 

Cubing

I've just been steadily getting faster at 3x3 as I learn more f2l techniques and stuff. I'm currently 1-look OLL and 1-look PLL which is very cool. I just need to get better f2l and look ahead, which I've been doing. There was a stretch in winter break where I did like 2000 solves in a week which is rly crazy, but yea, it has been and will continue be a large commitment of my free time. It's just so fun and I really have big ambitions for it.

But other than that, we finally established a cubing club. Better late than never I guess for me lol, I wish this was here since freshman year. It's so core to have this official place where cubers around the school can meet. Can't believe it took my last semester of high school to have this happen, but its all thanks to minsung for reaching out and doing like all the work lol I just watched them do most of the stuff. We had our first meeting today and like 15 or so kids showed up and we just chilled and did races and stuff like I envisioned. I wish i had this earlier man lol.

That's all

Probably some other stuff happened but like I forgot it but it's okay cuz its like 12 AM and I need to wrap up this post and sleep. That's like all the big updates anyway.

Lyric(s) of the Post: 
"Don't need you, bum, chuh"


Comments

  1. So basically, you played geoguesser all day at school? Smh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment