last.year 2022 review

 

Last.fm came out with a last.year on like January 1st... So why did I take a month to post it?


I don't know.


BUt what matters is that IM GETTING IT DONE.


I can't quite remember everything, but if I were to characterize my 2022 music, I would say:
 - nurture by porter robinson
 - raise the black flag by teminite
 - home by stessie
 - simulation by virtual riot
 - COLOUR BASS everywhere
Other than that, there's glacier, infowler, aiboahn, tritonal, monster cat compilations, seven lions, midnight kids, halvorsen, mazare, jack shore, puppet, skybreak, laszlo, ghost dragon and more with those phases. 

ANyway, let's provide some commentary to that screenshot. I kind of wish Musician was my top track, but it is symbolic to hvae thunderstruck continue dominating... but still. 2022 was kind of my year of "Musician" with finding all my hard work in cubing go to display, the YPSO tour, inked.beats launch, and marching band emotions. Musician would resonate with me more in 2022, bUT WHATEVER. Sit like a flamingo is such a fire song for no reason, the drop and the melody is just so appealing idk why...same applies for ghost in the machine.



Yea so this is the first year where I actually dropped in listening, but u cant continue growing forever. This was the year. It was hard to top 2021 which was a COVID year. 


June had MINIMAL scrobbles because of the YPSO tour definitely. Other than that, not much else to say. The 2021 Jan - May streak was COVID online learning which is why i scrobbled so much.

These categories capture it pretty well. VR and Porter Robinson were my two outlets in 2022. Virtual riot was just consistently golden music while Porter Robinson was sentimental, electronic, vocal tracks that connected with me.



Let's talk about this album. This album had like 20 tracks or something, and a solid like 12 of those tracks were BANGERS, so it was just straight up the spread of this album, the quantity of this album that featured it quite relevantly in this 2022 last.year. There were seriously so many solid tracks in that compilation/album.


Very cool.


I guess Sundays cuz like thats the day where I'm in my house the most on my computer. Other than that, it's pretty uniform tbh.



So that was my semi-short recap of the 2022 last.year! I have more commentary about my 2022 music in my spotify wrapped 2022 recap



Lyric(s) of the Post: 

"They said fine, iiiiiiineee

Do what you need to

but I don't wanna see you

wasting your..life, iiiiifeee

isnt it time you get a job?"

Musician - Porter Robinson





Comments