Artist Review #2(Tobu)

    Artist Review #2 (Tobu)

    So you guys have probably heard of Tobu. He has many hits on NCS. His greatest is Candyland

    Lets listen to Candyland. I have already heard this a dozen times before lol. I love the beginning synth. The pace and Rhythm. The synth(idk which type).And then it leads to three notes repeated over again which turns into the backround followed by a snare. And then they hit the Analog synth. Which is pretty cool. I thought it was the chorus, but it began to get louder and louder which turned into a beat drop. And then they change it to a different analog synth. With the same melody. This is another song liked by the melody. After the chorus is a weird synth. Repeated the line three times. Not sure why, but I'll go with it. It then turns into the same chorus. Which turns into a beat drop. Which turns into the chorus. One thing I hate is the lack of basses. Its just one bass, with chords. Why cant they pump things up? I have no negatives on the melody, a little repetitive, but again its NCS.

    The next song is Hope. My second favorite Tobu song. I love the way they lead the intro the another intro. The bang bang bang bang. The second intro is like this really catchy melody repeated over and over. And then its just this one synth for a few measure, but then a piano comes over to take its place. After the piano is done, they fade in an analog synth, with AN AWESOME BASS. WEIRD SYNTH BASS BUT I LIKE IT. No beat drop, but good transitions. I don't know why but I think that Tobu Life and Tobu Hope would make an awesome mashup. 
    Ok, the chorus is done. A single bass comes in with another fading in synth. This song is mostly just the same lines played over and over again. Sorta like any NCS song. If you've listened to Codeko-Crest, it's just the same awesome melody played throughout the song. 


    Sunburst is next. Amazing acoustic song in my opinion. The intro is amazing as heck. Two notes, with a note transition. Then comes the melody with a beatdrop. I think it would be way better if they added some effects between lines. Not much to say about this. Just the transitions are kinda random.

    I can't not include Cloud nine and life in here, so I'm gonna write about cloud nine.
    Cloud nine fits the name of the song. Just a happy tune. I like the piano chords in the beginning with a background of the melody that fades in and forces the piano to disappear. I like the sudden high notes. And there it comes. The weird synth. A synth solo that quickly turns into a digital synth. But with the same melody. After the chorus is a follow-up chorus that sounds pretty good. And then a weird synth bass catches up. After, they don't even fade away which I find annoying. Repeat the same pattern. The same thing happens. Same verse, same chorus. Pretty nice. 

    And here comes my all-time favorite Tobu song: Life. Which is life. The awesome generic guitar to start things off. With a backround of an AMAZING analog synth. It may be the same melody over and over again but in between stuff, they change basses. SO BE QUIET YOU PEOPLE THAT WANT TO BRING HATE. Everything changes is one of the words. I like how they make it sound kinda soft and stuff, and it is the definition of life. "everything changes", then comes a synth which goes up and down and up and down. which quickly turns into the bass. I like the way Tobu makes his songs. He puts one melody, and then fades it out to turn into a bass. The melody after the previous melody repeats and there goes a Tobu song!


Lyric of the Post: "Everything Changes"
Tobu-Life :D


Artists for me to do:
  1. Different heaven
  2. Waysons
  3. Halvorsen
  4. Alan Walker

Comments

  1. OMG
    I LITERALLY HAVE HEARD ALL OF THESE EXCEPT "HOPE" BEFORE WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment