My first time going to great america

My first time going to great america

    So my dad and I drove to Great America and the first thing we did was walk to our "picnic place". So basically since Workday has a lot of employees, Great America has two sections just dedicated to Workday people. You have to have a wristband to enter. Inside were Drinks, ice cream, food, and some games. I saw a huge chess board and huge Jenga blocks. I saw a couple of volleyball courts in the sand. Now those two sections for Workday people were in the front and the back. We were unluckily in the back. We first wanted to get a drink since we were kinda thirsty, so we first decided to go to out "picnic area". On the way there I wanted to play some arcade games because I wanted some plush pokemon. I thought we could pay with my dad's credit card, but it seemed like we needed a "game card". There were machines where you would create a game card and you could fill it up with as much money as you would like. My dad filled it up with 25 dollars with a bonus of 3 dollars. For salesman techniques were those bonus 3 dollars. Anyway, we first spent six dollars on this basketball thingy. I wanted to win a cavaliers basketball. I had three shots to take. I took my first airballing it and then realizing how far it was. I took the second shot with more power but it was still a little short. I decided to use all my power on my final shot and became quite close but still didn't make it in. Bummer for me I guess. I now know how it feels to gamble xD. 
    So I got a mix of sprite and lemonade and began to walk randomly. I forgot why, but we wanted to go to the other picnic place. Maybe just to check it out. On the way, I noticed a dryer thingy and realized it was for the water park. I found it strange on how it was empty. My dad's friend at work (or coworker as you would like to say) told us that there was a water park. I went there and became pretty jealous seeing the awesome slides and thingies. I begged my dad to go even though I did not bring swim clothes. I guess my dad got pretty guilty so he let me go.....under one circumstance: I have to take my shirt off. Now I normally don't EVER take my shirt off even at the pool because I just don't. No questions or comments needed. Anyway, I was like "sure, its worth it". I took my shirt off pretty embarrassingly but noticed that there was no need to be embarrassed. All the boys were shirtless. Anyway, I went on the tiny water slide like five times. It was super fun since I suck at swimming. I didn't go on the big water slide because it could've been too dangerous and the line was super long. After that happened, I had to go barefoot to the drying place. The drying place was quite long, I don't know what the Great America designers were thinking on putting a drying place far from the water area. After I reached the drying place, there was a problem. The line was SUPER long It costs five bucks. I guess I just glanced at it. I sighed with anger and ran back the same distance. Wasted so much time. I wasn't used to walking barefoot and so was being shirtless. After I ran back, I was actually pretty dried up since the sun was throwing heat at me. So I guess me running with embarrassment sorta dried me up. I had a huge sigh of relief after I got to put my shirt on. 
    After that happened, I went to the other picnic area and got a drink. I wanted to get a mix of lemonade and sprite again, but it seemed like the lemonade was replaced with water. BUT I DIDNT NOTICE THAT. I should really start to focus on life more. I'd say I usually mix 20% sprite 80% lemonade. So when I drank it, it tasted like sparkling water. With a hint of lemon flavor. I was like "eh, sparkling water tastes ok". So after that happened, my dad and I just wanted to walk randomly. And try to find that place where I could win Pokemon plush. I actually found it. 
    Since I originally had 28 dollars, I gambled away six dollars and the basketball thingy so I had 22 dollars left. I was walking around when I noticed on the side of my vision some pikachu plush. sickkkkk. I ran there with excitement. I had feelings on me gambling away all my money, but I also had feelings on having success. Well, I guess both of those feelings came true. There was this sign saying the ball thingies. Now the game was pretty simple. There were disks everywhere on a big table with borders. 7% of those disks were blue disks. 3% of those disks were white. 90% of those disks were red. I would throw balls, and if the ball landed on a red disk, I would receive nothing. Landing on a single blue disk would win you a pokemon plush. Landing on a white disk would win you a jumbo pokemon plush. The white disk were smaller than usual and were uncommon. You could spend money: 10$ for 15 balls, 5$ for 5 balls. I obviously took the better deal. 10 BUCKS!!! My first shot was unexpectedly a surprise(that oxymoron though xD). I aimed the ball towards the blue disk since I knew that the chances of hitting the white disks were less than slim, and I really had no goals to get the jumbo plush, I just wanted a regular pokemon plush. It hit the blue disk which gave me excitement, but quickly bounced away. I knew that I had to throw shorter in order for it to land at the blue disk. It still bounced away this time to the side. Throw after throw I would throw shorter. I realized a pattern on the ball bouncing sideways so I threw Southwest from the blue disk but the ball was still taunting me. 15 balls went by fast and before I knew it I didn't win anything. But I didn't give up. I gambled away another 10 dollars. I had to focus more this time. my life depended on this. The first ball caught my surprise. I was aiming at a blue disk, but it somehow bounced its way to a different blue disk. "LETS GO. PIPLUP IS MINEEEEE" I gushed. I actually screamed that though. People all around me heard but I didn't care. Me screaming scared my dad a little. But also made my dad happy. But made me more happy. It gave me more hope. I threw the ball again, and actually got quite close. Throw after throw. Missing. Losing confidence. I don't remember that much, but I threw it pure south from a blue disk but it rolled west by what seemed like a mile. Rolling. Hitting every disk losing momentum. I stared at the ball and realized that it was rolling closer towards a different blue disk. And then a miracle formed. The ball had reached its destination. "I GUESS BULBASAUR WANTS ME TOO" I enthused. The rest of the balls missed, but I didn't really care. I had won not just won pokemon plush, but two. All for the grand price of twenty dollars. xD. I could've saved so much money if I just bought it on amazon, but I didn't care. 
    I began to exit with my piplup and bulbasaur. I was filled with excitement and joy. It was like a kid eating cookies except for that kid was me and those cookies were pokemon plush. I saw this other game where you have this water gun thingy and you shoot this thingy and fill it up. It's kinda a race with your friends. I originally wanted to get a pikachu the easy way by versing my dad because whoever won would obtain a mini pikachu. In a three-four person match, the prize was bigger. In a 5-7 person match the price was bigger. 8-10 person match would give the winner a jumbo pikachu. But each person would have to pay three dollars to enter. My dad and I were about to start a battle, when two other people joined. I asked if I could just verse my dad, but the guy said there were no private matches allowed. I didn't want to risk a stranger winning a pikachu instead of me. That pikachu belonged to me. I wanted the pikachu and the pikachu wanted me. I then also noted that the pikachu could be bigger if they joined. I decided to take my chances because if either my dad or I won, the pikachu was MINE! The game started, and I took the early lead. I was so happy. But then my dad begun to catch up and then took the lead. The other two strangers were losing by quite a lot so I figured that the Pikachu was mine. And it was. My dad had won it lol. After the match, my dad told me that pressing harder on the buttons would make the meter fill up quicker. Which was why he had came back. He came harder than the cavs coming back from a 3-1 lead. Wait. That's impossible.
    After I got another Pokemon plush, my dad and I were not hungry at all. We explored the place and went to this place called snoopy planet. It was full of little kid rides. At about six-thirty, my dad was still not hungry, but I was. For the sake of a kid having more rights than their parent, we walked towards the picnic area. Reserved for workday people


QUICK BREAK. IT IS RAINING RIGHT NOW. 10:15 PM 8/3/2017 TO BE MORE PRECISE.
back to what you want to read

It seems like me being hungry did us good. The food closes at 7:00 PM and we got there at around 6:50 PM. Just enough time to get the food. I got the bread for burgers and while looking at the food, the only thing we could put in between those two bread were meat. And it was vegitarian -_-. I got chicken and watermelon and finished both of it. I only ate half of the burger because the bread was outflavoring the meat. After, I got some ice cream, and began to play this weird ball thingy. there are like these balls with the weight of bowling balls and I guess you just roll them around. Don't really know how to play it, but it somehow got me entertained. 
    After, we decided to walk back to the car, but since our picnic area was in the back, we had to walk for twenty minutes before reaching our car. In that twenty minutes, I watched this guy do this three point game and he score four baskets which got him a basketball team towel. hmmm. Is this guy gonna be a bandwagon and choose the snake team known as the "warriors", or is this guy gonna choose the dominant, sick, awesome team called the cavs. He took the option to be a bandwagon.




Lyrics of the Post:We can do anything together
If we just try And as long as we have our backs whenever Our foes would die This time, we will win This time we'll have to join forces This time, we will win This time we'll have to join forces

Jim Yosef, Ivan Jamile, & Kedo Rebelle-Forces

Comments

  1. Woww... that sounds really fun...
    JUST CHUCK THE BALLS EVERYWHERE AND HOPE THEY LAND ON BLUE DISKS lol
    lol u got 3x what you wanted
    Gotta punch those buttons

    Also - u said that the meat was vegetarian wut?
    Like fake meat?
    idk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was like meat, but with like corn and lettuce inside the meat. weird

      Delete

Post a Comment