Childhood stories #3 | Elementary school recesses.

NOTE: THIS WAS ONE OF THE POSTS THAT I THOUGHT LACKED SOMETHING BUT I COULDN'T FIGURE IT OUT. SORRY IF THIS POST IS TRASH FOR SOME REAOSN IDK.



Remember recesses?

im sad.



In school we got like one hour and 30 minutes of lunch plus a 30 minute recess. It's crazy.


And now in middleschool all we have is a tight 33 minute lunch that I believe could be improved.

Ok let's see. what would I do.




In Kindergarten, we had this like separate playground and IDK what the heck I did there.

In first and second grade, I was really good friends with Joshua and Emerson. Weird how we all have blogs now lol.

I was also friends with someone named menim, and I think sameer.

Anyway, during recess I remember for like ltierally a year we would play lava monster. It was so darn fun, and I liked to believe that I was the best at it. My strategy was to hang on like one side of the end of the structure and then shift accordingly. Hard to describe but I was rarely "it".

Then in Lunch we would play this game called skill.

I was decent at the game, and I remember everyone had forms. Like how you hit the ball and how you curve ur hands. I would have a unique form and people thought I was cool because of that.

We made up balls.
Image result for four square ballsImage result for four square ballsImage result for mikasa balls four squareImage result for mikasa balls four square

Those were the four colors.

On the Mikasa logo, there's like a rotated windows logo with numbers.

I had a blue mikasa ball that I would bring to school everyday in second grade. Josh had a green one, I think Menim had a red one, and someone had a yellow one.


I had a misa 3, because on the square in the logo the number of the colored blue square is 3.

Ok so basically to figure out the name of your ball you take the color, let's just say red.

You look in the logo and see which square has red-The top one.

Then you see what number is in that square. 2

MISA 2.

we'd called it "misa" cuz it was short for mikasa.

anyway I thought that was a stupid thing.




I still remember getting a scar on my knee that I still see today from a fall one time.


here were some common phrases used in Skill that you can probably all relate to.

"EXIES"(we would say this when the ball would roll somewhere fall and the last person to say "exies" would have to go get it)

"Ice block" (when you need to tie your shoe.)
"skimmy"
"airy."
"liney"
"5 STEPS BACK OR YOU'RE OUT OF LINE"
"cherry bomb"


The game honestly got really competitive, and some people were known to be cheaters.





Then in Third grade. Things changed.

jk I still played skill.


I started becoming really good friends with Kush shah.

Everyday he would bring like a sandwich or somethng to school wrapped with foil. When he was done he would wrap the foil into a ball and put it on his waterbottle. With a press of a button the lid comes off and launches the bottle. We would try to make the foil launch into a hole in the middle of the lunch table.

We still would play skill and all, and third grade was really fun, except for the teacher I had.


In fourth grade, I made new friends and started playing soccer a lot.

I'm telling you I LOVED soccer. It was so fun and it was definitely the highlight of my day. When my mom took me to soccer lessons, after two weeks I found out I was allergic to grass, which explained my swollen eyes. It was also the spring time. One day I somehow found a frog on the grass. It was really cute and small, and I wanted to keep it lol. It's so cool to watch them jump.

I was pretty sad when my mom told me I couldn't play soccer anymore, so I decided to catch spiders in the bushes. I would hide with my friends because the yard duty doesn't allow us to go this spot where there are a heck lot of lizards and spiders. Then we would rush to that spot and catch lizards and stuff. We also would dig a little bit and find some types of insects. One time we found a queen ant.



Honestly recesses put out so much fun that I really miss. I got better at skill, soccer, basketball, and catching bugs and salamanders.


I really wish that our lunches aren't legit 33 minutes long. 33 MINUTES LONG. I HAVE TO EAT LUNCH IN 10 MINUTES EVERY DAY SO THAT i CAN PLAY BASKETBALL FOR 20 MINUTES. IT'S SAD.


But I guess that's middle school.





Comments

  1. Haha I remember everyone in this post. I never got around to playing skill, because I didn't want to hurt my hands. The only phrases I heard were "skimmy", "get out of line" (lol), and "cherry bomb".

    Oof rip allergies suck
    Nice collecting. You sure are an animal person (which includes bugs).

    Recess had its perks. But I guess middle school is just a transition into high school, so...
    no more fun :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :(

      it's really sad lol

      yup lots of people will probably relate

      Delete

Post a Comment