The first week of high school



It's Saturday night where I can finally have some time to right after a trip to the park right after a 9-4 marching band practice.


Anyway, this week was my first week in high school, and here is what I have to say.



  1. The bathrooms are decently clean-I would even say it's cleaner then the Harvest Park bathrooms but either way I expected some really garbage dump in the bathroom but it was decently clean with not too noticeable graffiti. 
  2. The bathrooms...-I started on a positive note and now it's time to go down. High school is insane. Many of my friends have stated to smell a fruity strong smell that makes people feel lightheaded in the bathroom, with the main source being a standing person stalling in the stalls of the bathroom with let's just say an illegal thing. Luckily I haven't faced something like that...YET
  3. The teachers are actually nice-According to a lot of my high school friends teachers do not teach and are very laid back. I don't know if it's just complete luck but four of my teachers are actually really good. I'll explain more later.
  4. Here's my schedule:

    A-Scavone.
    A teacher that nobody can hear but seems to be nice and uh well it's high school PE wth are you supposed to expect
    1-Serrano. If I didn't have my spanish teacher in middle school I would view my Spanish II teacher to be horrible but my standards have broken the barrier so that Serrano is fantastic compared to my middle school teacher. In the third day of school we had to do a show and tell in Spanish and the teacher didn't really care at all. Once "everyone" went Serrano just went like "alright all of you guys did fantastic! You guys will all get full credit." There were clearly lots of people who BSd the assignment as a two sentence speech about their pencil was written during class. Besides that there were around five people who didn't even GO but the teacher didn't care enough. Honestly I shouldn't care but it's dumb how people who don't work as hard as me get the same type of credit as me. It doesn't seem fair but hey...It's high school
    2-Zuanich. So far my Honors Global teacher is appearing to be a good teacher as her procedures are well organized and her activities are fun. All of the rules and stuff seem strick but hey...It's high school
    3-Grantham. Easily the best teacher in amador as he made it to the quarter-finals to a GRAMMY for best music director. The teacher is so organized and is incredibly professional. He clearly has experience(started in 2001) and just knows everything so good. In the summer he responded to my email in three minutes and according to my friends he's like that. Band has been fun with assistant band director Mr. Dandrea too.
    4-Fewster. Ms. Fewster is kinda lazy but does teach when needed. I feel like this class will either be very easy or very hard which judges the teacher specifically. She has a thing where if she doesn't catch anyone using a phone in class for the semester everyone will get a 10% BOOST ON THE FINAL EXAM. The final exam is at least 20% of your grade and getting shifted up a letter is crazy. Imagine a B- becoming an A-
    5-Hewitt. Hewitt is most likely my second favorite teacher because she states that there will be no homework throughout the entire year, and BOI THATS SICK. Just the way she teachers makes everyone feel a connection and that itself proves her worth to the school
    6-Devor. I highly dislike Mr. Devor because he purely reminds me of my sixth grade math teacher. Mr. Devor is so lazy, clever, and evil because basically every day there is going to be homework and instead of grading homework daily he will pick out a specific day every 2-3 weeks and rigorously grade everyone on that day, making it so that we do our homework great every day. The fact that your homework could get a 0 because of one incomplete assignment seems unfair but hey...It's highschool. AHAAHAAAAAHAAA
  5. No one cares about the rules-Every passing period there's always people looking at their phones and many with those stupid airpods. If someone did any of those things they would face trouble but hey...That was middle school. Now it's highschool
  6. Couples-Obviously I expected this but something I didn't expect was the irregular boy boy type of couples which I actually saw once in a while. I really hope turning a corner and seeing a couple making out in the middle of the freaking hallway isn't common because I did see it one time.
  7. Everyone's a tryhard-There's a lot of people I knew back in Elementary school and Middle school who suddenly put on a "champion" hoodie with supreme and vans ironed on the back or some sh. It's really hard to explain but these people just make me feel sad
  8. Some girls do too much makeup-Once a day at least I see a girl with like curled, dyed hair. Their face is covered with fake long eyelashes, five layers of whatever $400 dollar makeup they bought, possibly nose piercings, really saggy and ripped genes, 10,000 dumb stringed bracelets on their legs and arms, and some vans. Some people I feel like take literally at least two hours to turn their face into that mess.
  9. Who th said this school was a circle. Image result for map of amador high school
    Literally on freshman day our tour guide said that the school is like a circle. Explanation please.
  10. Thank you marching band-Marching band is overall a fun experience for me despite the hours spent under the sun and watching people faint. 9am-9pm practices were tiring but once the sun started to set the breeze helped cool things down. Sometimes doing all those marching exercises get annoying and tiring but it's all worth it during drill. I love drill because when you group the piece into different sections and then piece it all together in one run it's so satisfying and beautiful. During marching band I bonded with my section and made some nice friends with the grade levels ahead of me. To show you how much I appreciated the help my section gave me I woke up at 6am today to bake 70 cookies. A total of four hours was spent making the dough and baking all of it. Heading into the first day of school with all these people older than me and walking by me saying "hi wilson" made me feel extra cool especially when I was with my friends. Marching band is pretty fun for me and I'm grateful for the mellophone section as we are easily the best because we won the band cathalon and we've gotten more compliments then all of the others.
  11. Band lockers-As a freshman I am extremely lucky to have the biggest possible locker all to myself. I can fit my French Horn, Mellophone, textbooks, lunch bag, basketball, and binder. Easy and very helpful. 
  12. Lunch-Having 2700 students eating lunch at the same time is very scary, and so far we have been sitting in this dumb spot. I'm thinking about finding an actual table somehow. The other problem about lunch is the lack a ball room but thanks to band I can bring my own ball and store it in the band locker. Playing basketball this way has worked out well so far.
  13. Block days-It's a concept I love. Basically on Wednesdays you only go to ur 1st, 3rd, and 5th period classes which are extended to around 90 minutes long. The remaining time is used as free time to work on your homework or make up a test in a 40 minute ACCESS period. It's FLEX from middle school but way better. It also allows me to procrastinate on homework and receive less homework because I have half the amount of classes. On Thursdays of course you get the even periods. 
  14. Everything is just more strict-Everything is just subtly more strict. The homework is very specific and turning it in is more specific. The consequences are larger and the late work policy and test rules are more strict. There are more lectures than anything else.
  15. The library is fantastic-The library and librarians themselves are incredible. The library can get loud sometimes but other than that there are an abundant amount of tables, sofas, and desks with a large collection of books. The librarian was extremely polite and nice. The entrance to the library involved a hallway that was really professional. 
  16. There are activities everywhere-So many clubs and everything. Even on the first week of school 30 minutes after school ends there are cheerleaders, tennis players, football players, swimmers, and clubs everywhere. It's crazy because normally in middle school after school ends you just feel like it..ends.

Well, I have nothing else to say. The first week has gone by smoothly and I never was tardy to any class. Highschool will give me something else to play with and have fun with and hopefully I succeed and remain the same me I am today. 



Lyric(s) of the Post:Burning down the walls
We let the monsters in
And now we're running down the halls
No, we can't let them win

Comments

  1. Hey! I'm actually going to be a Junior next year at this same high school (I was looking for a map of the AVHS campus for my club's website) but I noticed that you said at orientation the leader said our campus is like a circle,, what they meant by that is our campus's buildings go like A,B,C,D in a clockwise fashion,, so if you are trying to find building D, for example, and you know where building C is, D is the next building clockwise to that one (if you get what i mean) but great blog, btw! I hope you enjoy sophomore year this year!! When you go to campus, you'll finally realize why the school hates freshmen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kinda creeped out here not gonna lie but uh yea I definitely have adjusted. How did you find this blog...

      Delete
    2. I am the president of a club on campus so I was looking for a map of AVHS (for the online walk-through registration) and your map was one of the better quality maps on google so i clicked on the image and ended up reading the blog

      Delete
    3. oh dang nice lol. Good job!

      Delete

Post a Comment