Random uncompleted posts

Here are two unfinished posts that I decided to post cuz yeah I don't know why I decided to post. Honeslty this is pointless



AJR(artist analysis)


After a friend of mine sent me a song called "100 bad days" by AJR it really made me interested.



AJR is basically a rock pop band, kinda like Panic at the disco.


In fact I feel like the energy into the vocalist is very similar to Brandon Eurie, and there is little autotune and I feel like the vocalist is the type of person to sing very well during a live performance.


In fact these three people in the band are brothers:

Adam Met
Jack Met
Ryan Met

Kinda crazy how these three brothers are still collaborating since 2014. They are very successful with their most popular song being "Burn the House down"




I have only listened closely to their most recent album launched in late April of this year called Neotheater.

My overall takeways:

  • It seems as they are not owned by a record label, as their choice of synths is very unique and if there was a strict producer involved then some of these transitions would become more mainstreamed. WIth this being said this makes AJR the type of artist where it's basically impossible to even like half of their songs because of the 'weirdness' put into these tracks. However that also means that there is going to be at least one song that you thoroughly enjoy. It really showcases AJR humbleness as they are willing to take the creative route and maximize pleasure instead of earnings
  • Their lyrics are often not about love but about lifelessons, parties, and it offers a scope of life. 
  • Their endings are very very similar. So is the structure of each song. I'll get more into it later
  • Lots of effort is put into the layering, mixing, and stacking. There is a freaking orchestration to the song it's crazy. AJR can incorporate an orchestra into a rap song. It's seriously amazing
  • Sometimes they like to put a mini synth break in a bridge or prechorus. It's pretty good I guess. 
  • I'm pretty sure Ryan Met is the trumpet player. DANG HE'S GOOD MAN HOLY SH

Let's go into one of my favorite songs from Neotheater:

A silly name but a great song.

The song begins with such a creative fade with the low synth voices. There is a possible violin. The sudden rises is insane. I honeslty don't know who came up with this melody, ugh it's so creative. 

The beat doesn't takeaway the focal point and it just transitions to the vocals. There are a lot of one measure beats with a filler. THis property is actually very common in AJR songs.

Then it goes into a piano chord one measure "don't throw out my legos" solo. The pride is visible and bang the sudden synth break is startling. BEfore you know it...the chorus is over.


After the verse the pride in the "Don't throw out my legos" is crazy. Harmonization comes in to freshen the tone. I feel like the piano isn't enough in this type of situation but...It's AJR. None of these songs are perfect to you, but all of them are perfect to them because it's personalized to their liking.


After a series of repetitive catchy triplets band the melody comes in. 


THis is when this song gets serious. 


Insanity. Seriously


OH no. Don't throw out my legos. What if I can't let go, let go.

A strong kick comes in signaling a beat drop. A very subtle fade comes in and band the beat gets faster then everything blends into a beautiful crazy orchestra. The vocals keep on going and everything about the background is so beautiful and fitting. Then the key completely changes along with an added chime. Everything is incredible towards this ending. There's a stutter in the measure transitions, then all the instruments disappear into a vocal solo that fades to the ending.


This type of ending is too common in AJR, where literally everything stop but the vocals and everything ends. One of my rare critiques.

Karma – AJR

Exactly the same structure-wise.



  1. Teaser to chorus
  2. Verse
  3. Prechorus
  4. Short synth break with smooth transition
  5. repeat 1-4 another time
  6. bridge
  7. chorus
  8. vocal solo with endings.

Yet somehow you barely notice it. The violin sparkles are so distracting throughout the entire song in such a good way. The whole sudden fades sound like your in a wonderland during the choruses. Triplet beats are very common... 


I feel like AJR probably spent a full on hour working on a fade because of how well the balance smoothens out. It's crazy.


At 2:20 there's a perfect bridge. The vocals are autotuned in a great way and the violins wow this is beautiful.

You call this rock? nah bruh

Wow this is beautiful these ohs. 






Time to move on to lyrics.








Three weeks of school



Alright three weeks of high school down. That first week was just a first impression. Three weeks is like "overall" and first year is going to be like I got this down.


Anyway, here are things I took away from my first three weeks or the end of my first month in high school.




  1. People are going through something- These high-schoolers are very moody and emotional during this time of life. Playing soccer near the stadiums I have seen the dark side of the school, where emo kids hang out, vape under the bleachers, and wow this is unbelievable. All around the shcool I can tell there are lots of depressed kids and reading a recent article about how lunch times need to be lengthened brings a whole new aspect about these kids. 
  2. MY VERY GOOD SCHEDULE-Here is my new thought on my teachers and why my schedule is so good

    1st=SERRANO
    In my opinion the best Spanish II teacher considering the other opinions I heard. This teacher I found out isn't lazy at all because on Friday he literally brought cookies for every period. He also talks about how on the AP tests days he makes pancakes for the class... Just yesterday he brought candy to the class and said "thank you all for working so hard!" The tests are very easy and his personal stories are short and sweet(AHEM SOUTAEHR IA HATEU S)

    2nd=ZUanich. My walk from Serrano to Zuanich is one minute away as all you do is go downstairs. Zuanich is seriously such a great teacher with her energy and simply the way she teaches. Global Studies is definitely a very interesting topic after my debate camp over the summer so that'll be great

    3rd=BAND
    Nothing different. Grantham is hecka experienced.

    4th=Fewter
    Good

    5th=Hewitt
    ALl we do in class are writing prompts. No homework...ever

    6th=Devor
    I strongly hate this man's laziness. UGHGHGH BRUH WHY GROUP TESTS THEIR THE MOST STUPID THING EVER. THIS MAN DEDUCTS POINTS FOR WORKING AHEAD. 
  3. Not that much homework

    A=No homework, PE gives no homework
    1st period=Serrano doesn't give homework on Fridays and when he does give homework it's literally a page in the workbook
    2nd period=Zuanich typically doesn't give homework. She did give a one week notes assignment that I finished in the first two days though
    3rd period=No homework in band
    4th=


alright that's all the unfinished work I have


Lyric(s) of the Post: "But beats by dre"
-Beats by AJR


Comments