Skiing

*warning* this is one of those boring posts.
Image result for dodge ridge map



This is DodgeRidge.

It's a 3 hour drive from my house.


I've been here a heck lot of times.




The first time I went here was second grade or something where my mom signed me up for ski school. The main thing I learned out of ski school was the pizza.Image result for skii pizza


And basically what skiing is is you're going down a mountain and you're basically trying to slow yourself down to a controllable pace. The pizza is mainly all you need to get better.



So that's cool.


The next couple of times I go skiing I take this trail called "clementine", which is labeled Green for easy. I have fun and all doing pizza and it seems really crowded. Once I've "mastered" it I try out another green trail. It's slightly harder but I can deal with it.


Then my sister says Ay let's go on that ski lift! So I go on that ski lift and it turns out it goes up a steep mountain and the easiest trail is a blue trail, which means more difficult. We take one glance down the mountain and chicken out and take off our skiis and walk down the mountain. THe people on the ski lift were literally watching us just walk down the mountain.


Another time I go on a ski lift I somehow screw up and The ski lift turns the corner. I didn't want to have to take the ski lift BACK down so I decided to JUMP off the ski lift and boi did I hurt my knee. The guy was literally like "I could've reversed it..bruh"


So after a while we get better and go on the Blue trails legitimately.



This year was something else.


I went skiing during MLK weekend for three days and during those three days the snow was fantastic and I skied down a trails like bone yard, coyote trail, ego alley, and more. They were hard but I had moved on from the pizza to the S.


Instead of using the pizza your skis will always be parrallel and you take a trail like the S shape to slow yourself down.


The helps a lot and doesn't make your legs tired.








SO NOW, we are on this weekend. This weekend I went skiing. 

1st day: We go down ego alley and boneyard and we're immediately sick of it. We've gone down the same five god dang trails for the longest time and we've seen another lift so we decided to try it out.

We look and it looks hrad. There's professional snowboarders on the lift with airpods. However, we're like right next to the ski lift so we just gotta take it. There is a blue trial if we go on there anyway. 


So there's like four snowboarders chilling out blasting music on their speaker when this guy drops his phone. Good thing he wasn't right above a rock xd. His friends suddenly start clowning him fro dropping his phone, but they realize that a phone is a pretty small object so they all literally drop their black gloves in order to make a trail and recognize their phone better. Very very smart.

Anyway we go down that blue trail and it's actually pretty easy, and we take the lift again.


And this time I wanna try black. I look down a trail called "claim jumper" and it seems pretty steep but whatever.

I go down and scream as I finish my first black diamond trail, which means "most difficult". All I did was make very wide Ss. 

Then I finish off the day with claim jumper again and ANOTHER black diamond trail called separator.


Boom two black diamonds.






The next day I take Bobby's freedom run and after that I feel like I can do anything. I see a trail called flume and without considering the circumstances I go down. BOI IS IT STEEP AND ICY.

I take very extreme Ss and I eventually make it down.


And I was really happy, as flume is basically a very hard black trail. 

Sooo

This time I decide to take a trail called Eleva, which is another black diamond trail. Boi I just saw a black diamond sign and decided to go down. My sister and father follows me.

BOOM. I crash and the slope is so steep i'm literally rolling down the slope until I jab my elbow on the snow.

I watch above as my sister falls hard and my dad falls and rolls down the hill, brekaing his bag on the way. 

It was just so god dang bumpy man. Like if the snow was good it would've been an easy clap but bang I went down. We chilled with out skis unclipped for a while until we walked down and finished Eleva.


And throughout the day we went down more black diamonds.

  1. Claim Jumper
  2. Seperator
  3. Bobby's freedom run
  4. Flume
  5. Sunrise
  6. Sundown
  7. High Noon
  8. Eleva
  9. Waterfall
  10. Exhibition.
In two days we went down 10 black diamond trails.


That is something I am very very proud of. I never thought I could do that. 



Lyric(s) of the Post: 

Oh, we flowin, Oh like currents do.
Tidal Waves (feat. Kèdo Rebelle) – Itro, Kédo Rebelle

Comments