Summer Plans Updated



When summer started I felt scared and intimidated over what I had to do. Two months later I'm glad to say that this is a pretty successful summer.

As I'm growing out of my childhood, I'm beginning to spend less time playing video games and don't crave it anymore. I still do enjoy playing zombsroyale with friends a lot, just unlike before where I would secretly play whenever I had a chance.

  1. Precalculus. Last week I finished precalculus. The final 14 days were hard as h*ll. I managed to finish chapter 13 in an entire week which now that I look back on is just kinda insane. 

    Finishing Precalculus took a lot of commitment, consistency, and waking up very early. I learned a lot and I feel very ready for AP calc BC. I'm still reviewing occasionally.

    My next step is a bit of prep for AMC10. I'm not really a math genius or anything but I feel like prepping for this big test will help me learn a lot. I dont have a score to reach. I don't have a goal of making AIME, just to learn. I'm using transcripts from my sister's old AMC10 class she took a while ago to help me learn.
  2. Coding. Although I spent more time on math then coding, I enjoyed precalculus way more. I have two weeks left in CS61A.

    There were those nights where I just wanted to finish a problem, but it was so fudging hard. My mind was going to explode over what to do and once I finished it I would legit cry. Cry all my stress out. When I had to do project hog I was basically dead by the time I finally finished the project. I would spend all my freetime doing extra work on project hog and its an experience I would never want to experience again. The labs and the homework I could finish in an hour, but GOD F*CKING D*MN project hog and project ants literally are so hard. Oh my god bro.

    After I finish this college course I'll be learning the beginning of CS61B. It's mainly to help me get used to java. My sister said that I can get a 5 on the AP test if I took it after I finish cs61b which makes me feel very good. I didn't need to spend this much time on coding, but I did, and I don't regret it. 
  3. Reading. Hahahahaha. To be fair with you every time I told myself to read I'm like nah I haven't cubed at all today. 

    My sister assigned me a workbook of articles and questions and so far it's going well, but other than that I'm not reading anything. I did sign up to be in Sklar's book club thing so I bought the book and I literally read 3 chapters when I decided that this is the most pointless and boring stuff I've ever read, so I read the summary on sparknotes.
  4. Cubing. Once I finally solved the Rubik's Cube blindfolded, I never did it a4gain. It wasn't enjoyable. Memorizing things was a pain, and it brought me back to when I was literally memorizing 40 line chinese poems. I still get nightmares from that.

    I've been practicing skewb a lot, and for you noncubers out there this is what it is:
    LanLan - Speedsolving.com WikiSkewb - Chris and Kori
    It's a rubik's cube that turns based on the corners. 

    Anyway I've been spending an hour every night practicing skewb. During my precalculus days I was just solidifying Sarah's Intermediate Method and was averaging around sub 8. Now that I don't have to spend 3 hours a day doing math I can memorize algs during the morning and other stuff. I'm halfway done with learning Sarah's Advanced Method and I'm averaging around 6.5 seconds now. My goal is to be sub 5.

    As with other events, I haven't been doing much. I'm learning like a new PLL algorithm a week for 3x3 cuz I don't really care about it lol.
  5. Running. Instead of running every day, I've changed up my schedule from lots of factors. I'm running 4x a week and one of those times is a 4 mile run while the other 3 are 2 mile runs. I also ran a 10k like two weeks ago where I broke my PR with a 55:46.

    I've also been lifting 4x a week. The 3x are on the 3 days where I don't run and one time is when I do run. I dont wanna go through the specifics of my routine.
  6. Blogging/Editing. This is something I'm excited for. I've been working on a video editing project Euro Trip for straight up more than a year now. I've delayed it so many times and took so many breaks but I'm making steady progress now. I can't really give you a release date but I'll say somewhere around September because I still have 1:30 seconds to go.

    As for Blogging, I do have one post in my head of: "Why quarantine was beneficial to me". I've also been consistently updating my NBA2K20 events so once the NBA starts(7/29) I'll release all the events.
    as
  7. Socializing. We stopped playing skribbl.io and found lots of new games like codenames, spyfall, and scattergories. We still play Jackbox and Zombsroyale frequently.


Lyric(s) of the Post: Take a Leap from the other side.

Comments

Post a Comment