Spotify Wrapped 2021

 

Was really excited when it came out. It comes out every Dec. 1st, and this time they had a lot more stats. I remember back when there were like 4 slides and that would be all. They also seemed to adopt the trend of instagram story formatting to present it, which I believe was stolen from a Spotify employee. Corporations love to abuse ideas without giving credit :(



I was very surprised that there wasn't a NIVIRO song on here. Either Fast Lane or Dancin. After checking, I'm pretty sure Fast Lane was #6. I didn't know I listened to Kuyenda and Here Right now that much. 

But Thunderstruck and Make Me Move are too easy. They've been in my top 3 songs for like 3 years in a row. They will likely be in my top 3 next year too. I will never get sick of it.




I'm pulling this up whenever someone says I only listen to dubstep. People generalize EDM into dubstep too much. Just look at this.


Not sure what this means without any reference. What's the average amount of genres? Median? C'mon Spotify. 

Gaming EDM is NOT a genre. I'm assuming they mean Electro-House or some type of NCS genre. Either way, I was really surprised for Future bass. Stessie could've contributed to this. I'm really happy that Future Bass is #1. I love Future Bass. I expected Melodic Dubstep to be higher than Lo-fi beats but whatever.
Makes sense, I listened to this playlist year-round.

During online learning I listened to Teminite a lot. Just seeing his progression is insane. I wish he could release more melodic heavy melodic dubstep. Either way, I expected this.

Such a creative Saxophone solo that blends seamingless into the EDM atomsphere that Teminite sets up. I thought Break Free would be my top song but I guess not.


Nothing surprising besides iMeiden taking #5. Wow!! 



And thats all. 89k minutes is an improvement. I'm pretty sure I had like 60k last year or something. Online learning carried this.


(89035 / 60) / 365 = 4.06 hours per day.



Lyric(s) of the Post:
 I tried to find my piece of mind
In my imagination (I tried to find)
Paradise, it will be mine
Am I there yet?














Comments