Tracks I wish were on spotify (pt. 2)

 Part 1



You somehow discovered an amazing song on youtube. It may have been while browsing an artist you like or a song on your recommended page. Either way, we all discover music on youtube sometimes.

"LETS GOOOOOO, THIS SONG IS ABSOLUTE FIRE BRUH"

"IM ADDING IT TO MY SPOTIFY ROTATION RIGHT NOW"

You try to find the track on spotify...but it's not there. 

You stare blankly. All hope is lost. It will be very annoying from now on to play that song. 

What a mood killer.



Here are some more songs that I wish were on spotify. This is an add-on to the previous post as I discovered quite a lot more tracks fitting under this category. Order isn't based on ranking.

Rebecca Black - The Great Divide (Teminite & The Arcturians Remix)

This old remix by Teminite features powerful synth risers. The long buildup is all relieved when Teminite's guitars and synth pads storm in. Love the production along this synth break. There is a abnormally significant contrast between the tempo, mood, and volume among the verse and synth break that makes something about this song unsettling. It's not a track I can get addicted to, but the synth break is very enjoyable. 

Billie Eilish & Khalid - lovely (HOPEX Remix)

I love the panning in the beginning and buildup of this song. In my opinion this track is 100x better than the original. HOPEX's edm elements in the drop and break of this track makes the melody unlock its true potential. It's so beautifully orchestrated. 

iPhone (MetroGnome Remix)

An old banger. The first time I listened to it, I somehow fell in love with this beat. This was when I was first getting into pentapping, and I remember trying to replicate this beat on pens and playing along with it. Either way, this entire track has really nice progression. The common theme is altered and I think that this song is genuinely good, even if you take away the ringtone. Like I said, thisprogression is just insane. Every section introduces a new thing with flawless transitions. The final outro with the guitar is so sick. I love this track. It even has a bridge/slow-section. I would say that it's so underrated, but it has 15M+ views on youtube so maybe not. Underappreciated may be a better word. 

Everything (Instrumental) - Diamond Eyes

The instrumentals in this track is amazing. I would love to see someone remix this track. Although there is a sense of emptiness because it's instrumentals, this song is so good when you hear this version of it. Because the vocals are taken out, it shines more light on the rhymic bounciness of the track itself and the instrumentation is gorgeous. It's just such a chill song in the verse and the chorus is so good. I really wish Diamond Eyes could release this version on spotify.


I really like you - Succducc

On the contrary, the instrumentals in this song are somehow on spotify. I remember listening to it on Spotify and I was like "wow, this is so good. I can't imagine how this will sound with vocals." So then I searched it up on YouTube after I couldn't find it on Spotify. The result is amazing. This song is absolutely addicting. The hook in the verse and the progression is so lovely. I love this entire song. Succducc really puts a melodic-dominant chorus with brilliant synth pads and everything just matches so well. The entire build up in the second prechorus is a moment to enjoy. It's a slow section that we see in lots of Virtual Riot songs. 

This track, with the vocals, is just so good. I don't have much left to describe it. It's just such a melodic flurry throughout the chorus'. This is probably my favorite song of all time that is not available on Spotify.

22 - Succducc

Succducc's short intro + verse + chorus track here is a gem to enjoy. Although the mixing and voice is controversal and based on preference, there are so many sections in this song that give me such a monumental feeling. The drum break and transition into the slow "chorale" of this track is honestly so creative. I was blown away after listening to it as I've never seen such a unique and well-executed kick drum transition like that.

Other than that, Succducc just does his kawaiistep and instrumentation on an elite level like his other track.


rewind w/ Teknikvlt - nabil!

I don't know why I like this song but I do. I guarantee that 99% of the readers won't like it. This song is mainly based around the horrific stuttering and drum loops. Something about the stuttering is satisfying and catchy to me. It's a very unique track that explores a genre I've never heard of before. 

The stuttering is literally so violent lol. It's a very interesting track that I think most people wouldn't enjoy.


Shelter in 4 Genres | Lucas Bootleg

This just perfectly fits my taste. All four genres are full of very sick elements with syncopated rhythm. I really wish Lucas would upload this one on Spotify. Awesome buildups as usual and there's really nothing else I can say about this. I love all the effects, transitions, and moods. 


4 PRODUCERS FLIP THE SAME SAMPLE feat. Virtual Riot, Bad Snacks, Sarah the Illstrumentalist - Virtual Riot with Andrew Huang

Wish Virtual Riot could finish this track and upload it on potential because this type of glitchy melodies along with melodic lines absolutely kill it. Insane mixing, transitions, sections, everything in general. Just classic Virtual Riot music that I can never go wrong with.


Lyric(s) of the Post: "This is cranky good!"

- Andrew Huang

Comments