First school detention!!

 

It all started on Thursday. I was in my 1st period AP Lang class with a teacher called Mr. Benbenek. We were doing state testing, whihc I don't really care about. The school gave everyone in the school a chromebook during our freshmen year for us to return when we graduate. So we all had to bring those chromebooks to school during testing. Anyway, I was on like quesiton 7 or something for science and I accidentally click something on my chromebook mousepad and the entire testing application just zooms in. I can't see half of the problem statement and zooming out doesn't do anything. Like, I tried doing [ctrl] + [-] or [ctrl] + [shift] + [alt] + [-] or any insane combination of those keys lol. Zooming out using two fingers on the mousepad doesn't work either. 


Either way, I couldn't get it to zoom back out, so I went to ask my teacher and he tried doing the same things as me to zoom it back out, but couldn't get it to work either. Even after restarting my computer, the application was still insanely zomed in. Kinda crazy and weird bug. Either way, I just used an extra chromebook that Benbenek had just in case for situations like this.


After finishing my test on the other chromebook, I wanted to get mine fix. 

Consider this:

 - 2 Hour period

 - Forgot to re-download games on my calculator after it randomly factory reset and cleared all the games i had

 - Benbenek didn't let me fix my chromebook

 - Benbenek is a strict teacher

 - I need to fix my chromebook

Now what do you do?

 - Leave the classroom spontaneously. 

Benbenek is a strict teacher. If you take out your laptop or do anything remotely suspicious during his lectures he will call you out. Before the masking mandate was lifted, he was super strict about taking off our mask to drink water, which I don't have a problem with. It's understandable, but it does strengthen my perception on how strict he is. There's a lot of other instances including his tardy policies, but point is that this teacher is not someone who changes their mind.


SOOO, right now was 1st period. I needed my chromebook for 3rd period as I also had testing during 3rd period. During 3rd period, my teacher rarely has any extra chromebooks, so I basically needed my chromebook and its application to be fixed. I knew that explaining my situation to Benbenek wasn't an option as he simply wouldn't understand. When Benbenek didn't let me go, I returned to my seat, snuck my chromebook in my hoodie, and just boldly left the classroom nonchalantly. 

The librarian did a factory reset on my computer and it reset and fixed the testing application. I was good to go!

When I returned, Benbenek was waiting for me outside of the classroom while holding the door open. He talked to me outside and was essentially insanely mad. His face was red and he said stuff along the lines of "so you intentionally left the classroom knowing that you have to ask for permission?" I initially had my chromebook inside of my hoodie during this, so he just thought I went to the bathroom for a long time. "Next time you do this, I will give you a referral." 


He was fair about it. I genuinely didn't understand why this guy was so mad at me but I was just happy that I got my chromebook fixed. WIth all due respect, literally any other teacher doesn't care this much if a student just randomly leaves the classroom. I do it all the time in ap stat and cybersecurity. 


Anyway, when I went to sit back down in the classroom after all that, he noticed a huge bulge in my hoodie. I knew it was all over once I sat down cuz the computer literally sprung up and my entire chest was outlined by a rectangular shape xd. I took my chromebook out and told him that I went to get it fixed, and he said "oh, so you did exactly what I told you not to do. Wait one minute."


He came back later with a pen and this, which he told me to sign.



And that is the story of how I got detention. 


I don't regret this at all. I could've avoided this but that would've came at the cost of waiting like 20 minutes during history because my teacher will need to call someone to get me an extra chromebook. The other reason why is because detention was kind of a bucket list item ever since I started high school. It's just something I want to experience, and also it's such a minor punishment. I view dtention as iconic in some way through its relevance in lots of movies and books I read. This was pretty much a bucket list item, and I accomplished it without doing anything sus or shameful.




SO detention itself, I went to the library afterschool and the librarian told me to wait outside of the library, where me and like 7 other white kids were waiting for like 2 min before a teacher pulled us and led us to the room. I didn't even know the school taught sign language but apparently it did and we went into the classroom, where we could use our computers during the 40-minute detention. I played some geoguesser along with writing this blog. They were mostly white kid freshmen, and if I remember correctly, there were like 7 boys and 1 girl. I asked the kid next to me how he got detention and he said he was caught stealing chick fila from the lunch dropoff area...


Lyric(s) of the Post: 

I know it's been a while
I know you're thinking the same
But I've been feeling like
A moment can't go to waste

CTRL Z - Halvorsen


Comments

  1. you shoulda told me to pick up your chromebook after going to the library so then you would've walked back into class clean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i thought i coudlve just put it in my hoodie when i walked back and it woudlve been okay ; - ;

      Delete

Post a Comment