MASSIVE 3x3 IMPROVEMENT... April 7th, 2022


Just recently, I decided to randomly pick up my 3x3 again. Before, I did solves on it occasionally to the point where I averaged around 23 seconds I would say.


However, during spring break, this is what I did:

  1. Reviewed all 4 G-Perms, as I did learn the algs but never made an effort to practice them
  2. Learned a new A-Perm as my current one is outdated
  3. Learned 2 new OLL algs as I embark on my journey for full-OLL. 57 cases to memorize and I already know around 10 of them
  4. Learned a couple better methods for some specific F2L cases
  5. Became somewhat white-yellow color neutral 
As you can see, I improved all 4 aspects of CFOP. All of those things combined with literally 200 solves is enough for MASSIVE improvement. I can comfortably say that I average around 20 seconds, where sub-20 is very very very soon.

Here's my improvement shown statistically.


A new PB in literally everything except for the single. That 11.913 was an insane solve solely based on dumb luck. My best solve from yesterday's session was 12.882 which is pretty close and that one didn't rely on luck that much. It was just a good full-step solve.

This is from yesterday's session. Let's focus on the gray line. There are literally like 8 solves under the 16 second mark which is insane. I remember back when sub-16 would be like super rare. Now I get it once every like 30 solves. It just feels amazing to feel improvement and see improvement in front of your own eyes. I've never had this type of feeling with skewb unless I look at the big picture, such as I look at where I was half a year before and where I'm now. A factor of this could of course be because right now, the only way I can improve my skewb time is to learn new algs, and executing them rapidly only improves super gradually.



Regarding hardware, my old main was the Cubicle Mystic MoYu RS3M. I ordered a Cubicle Celeritas Weilong GTS3M and it shoudl come soon. I'm hoping that that can be a main for a long time, as right now I have to deal with the GAN 356i as my main.


Lyric(s) of the Post: I've been thinking about you
How your voice shakes when you're lying
Make everything about you
And I just be here smiling

Comments