flurry of new music

 There's quite a lot of new music that's coming out from quite an amount of notable artists in my realm.


Let's get straight into it. 


Owl city started his album hype in January 5th with his first single "Kelly Time" such a beautiful track with satisfying synths, classic strings, and soothing vocals. The synths guide the melody so well and it's just totally my niche. 


Owl city is my favorite artist man, and I was kind of losing a bit of that connection before the teaser for this song came out. His last album, Cinematic, 2018, was mostly kind of bad. So it's been like 5+ years of listening to mobile orchestra. When I heard Kelly Time, I knew that this was going to be different. It was going to be the OLD OWL CITY...but even better. I remember the first time I listened to this song was literally while running at the Amador track on a Sunday afternoon. I pre-saved the song when the teaser was announced and added it to my playlist, so it legit just surprised me to show up in the queue and play during my run. I remember being like "why is this so long" as the song kept going haha.


And I was right. "Adam, Check Please" released February 6th, and it's even longer than Kelly time. I remember finding out about this song on https://www.instagram.com/p/CoOfCIqDnPF/?hl=en that instagram post lmao. Just from that snippet i was legit mindblown man this is so good.


So I listened to the entire song and that's honestly what it must feel like to be high cuz man. Nothing beats the first time listening to that song. It's so good, the 6/8 meter switches, the verses, the lyrics, the synth solos. It's such a great song man. I'm gonna take up so much time talking about that song so I'm just gonna stop there.


And then March 3rd, "vitamin sea". Somehow somehow somehow, somehow, somEHOW, THIS SONG IS EVEN BETTER THAN ADAM CHECK PLEASE. 

IDK WHY THIS SONG IS SO GREAT MAN. THE "YEAH I GOTTA GO NOWWW CUZ IM A LITTLE WORN DOWWWN AND IM A LITTLE BURNT DOWWWN." THAT PART IS SO FIRE. AND THEN THE SYNTHS. AND THEN THE SUBTLE VOCAL SWAYS. THE VOCALS MAN. THE SYNTSHLIRAHEWLIRHUAWLUIRHEWAILRAWER

THIS SGOLAHSRLAEWIURHAE RAWREAHWLRAWERWAELRUHWARLWAE

I LOVE YOU OWL CITY. THE SECOND VERSE IS SO TRANSCENTAL. IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY MAN. THIS SONG IS ACTUALLY SO GOOD BRUH.


Other new music

  • Skrillex' two new albums
    • I listened to the first one so far and there's some REALLY FIRE tracks that will be in my rotation like "RATATA," or Hydrate or Rumble or Good Space. Lots of short tracks in there, just straight fire from skrillex man, he still has it with the vocals and synths.
  • New Retrovision track with such a catchy hook and prechorus, ignite.
  • New Chime album upcoming that seems very captivating from the teaser, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMT5wnJ8Cx8
  • Steve Aoki + Galantis collab that's very cool to see, they made a pretty ncie track with chops and melodic lines. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1JrlBfksRk
  • New paramore album and a bunch of other stuff
But mainly... Owl city is back. I feel like Owl city will be my top played artist of 2023 by a mile.


Lyric(s) of the Post: 
"
Well, I heard you needed some help in frozenWith Eric leavin' soon"My boss shook my handAnd I began that Monday after school
"
Adam, Check Please - Owl City






Comments