My second time going to great america

My second time going to great america



     This time, my sister was coming with us because she wasn't busy. So, since this was my second year, I had EXPERIENCE. This time, to avoid taking off my shirt, I brought actual swim clothes and fresh clothes. 
     Anyway, so my dad picked up his same friend from last year. When we arrived, the first thing I did was marvel at the rollercoasters OPEN UP POKEMON GO. Seriously though, I was hyped cuz Great America was gonna be a great place to play Pokemon Go. There was WiFi at the park! My parents don't really like it when I play Pokemon Go though.... :/ Looking ahead, I saw a billion Pokestops and Gyms owned by all three teams equally. There were so many Pokemon near me, compared to my neighborhood, where the only place I can see Pokemon is in a Pokestop three blocks away. And they're mostly Plusles and Minuns. AHH I HATE THEM. Before I get offtrack and rant about the new neighborhood they built, I'm just gonna talk more about Great America. 
      We decided to walk to the picnic area first. I tried to catch as many Pokemon as I could and spin as many Pokestops as I could. At the entrance of the Picnic area reserved for Workday people, there was a gym!!!!!!!!!!!! OWNED BY TEAM VALOR!!!!! YAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY
     I pressed on the Gym, spun the Pokestop first, then went on to look for the "add pokemon" button. That's when I noticed.....THERE WAS NO STUPID ADD POKEMON BUTTON. The gym was at its max six Pokemon. I silently cried in pain as I went inside the eating area. Inside the eating area was Ice Cream, soda machines, and this buffet mbobby. 

For the buffet, I was introduced with plates, forks & knives, and a salad. I looked in front and THANK GOSH THERE IS RANCH. Grabbed the salad, poured some ranch. Then there were hot dog and burger buns. I took a burger bun, ready to have to put the stupid veggie meat on it again. Then...THERE WAS ACTUAL MEAT. I put it on. There was also mac & cheese. And corn, which I mixed together. In front of that table was a circular table with Rolls, and toppings for your burgers, cheese, onions, and tomatoes. Finally a real burger! I finished my uhhhh snack? Lunch? Dinner? Dunch? IDK

     My sister also brought her swim clothes, so we went over to the water portion of Great America. I've only gone on a legit water slide a couple of times, during this birthday party I went to last month, so I knew what to expect. My sister also knew what to expect. We changed into our swim clothes, this time....I HAD A SHIRT. Anyway, we went up the stairs for the big water slides to see a pretty dang long line. There was a right side of the line, for the slides on the right, and for the left vise versa. Since there were two slides on the left slide that had these cool rafts that could fit two people, my sister and I decided to go on the left side. Another reason was because the right side had scarier slides and it went to the top top,  which also made the line longer. After a pretty long wait of I'd say 15 minutes, we finally reached the front. There were two slides that we could choose from, both had rafts. We decided to go on this green one.....
Image result for great america water slides

Image result for great america water slides
Note that these images do not have me in them. I google searched for them. 


That's what the water slide was like. We'd ride down this big slope, then use our energy to go to the tip of the second image, then ride down and finish off on the first image. IT WAS HECKA FUN AND SCARY. 


After we did thta, we wanted to explore the other stuff, plus the waterslides had a huge line, that we did not want to go on again. We saw two more, less scary water slides with no line, so we went up and went on them once, then decided to explore some more. We saw this thing, that we thought cost money, but it didn't. It was called the lazy river. 
Image result for great america water slides
Another Google Searched Image. 

This thing was HECKA FUN. We'd just lie down on these tubes and go on the current and just relax. I tried going against the current, but the current was just too strong. Along the way were a couple of fountains and all that. After we looped around once, we got out to see what else there was. We went to this kinda swimming pool, then I wanted to go back to the lazy river, so we looped around one two more times. Halfway though the second loop, the lifeguards said that it was 6 o'clock, meaning that all the water-based rides/parks/slides are gonna be down. We got off, changed, then rushed back to the picnic area because it closed at 6:30. I got an ice cream, then went on to explore the rest of the park. 


     My sister is a huge roller coaster person. She was literally willing to ride those rollercoasters where it goes in loops then does a 360 upside down turn all on 100 miles per hour. Something like that. She really wanted to go on this roller coaster called "the grizzly," and my dad wasn't willing to go with her, so.....
    The line was not too long, and once we got to the front we went on lane 6. During the entire roller coaster ride I just closed my eyes and clenched my teeth. It wasn't a joyful experience for me, but for the person next to me who kept screaming "WHAOOO"
    I didn't do any arcades this time, which was perfectly fine.


QUICK BREAK. IT IS NOT RAINING RIGHT NOW. 12:09 PM 8/3/2018 TO BE MORE PRECISE.
back to what you want to read

This year was definitely an awesome experience, much better than last year all because I didn't wear a shirt. Also, on my way out of the picnic area, I looked at my screen, to see a HOUNDOOM. I clicked on it, to see I only had 1 great ball and 7 Pokeballs. How convenient! I used my last Great Ball. One. Two. "the pokemon has escaped!" I suddenly went on panic mode. I used a nana berry, then a Pokeball. One. "the pokemon has escaped!" Another Nana berry combo Pokeball. One. Two. "the pokemon has escaped!" GOSH DARN IT. A threw another curveball. "Excellent throw" YES YES YES. One. Two.......THREEEEEE

The Houndoom ended up having Fire Fang and Crunch, the third best moveset you can get. :(

Whatever, it's FREAKING 1531 CP. 


Lyric(s) of the Post: Beneath the sky
It's black as diamonds
We're running out of time
Don't wait for truth
To come and blind us
Let's just believe the lies
Believe it, I see it
I know that you can feel it
No secrets worth keeping
So fool me like I'm dreaming

Comments

  1. Cool, looks like it's a pokemon go hotspot. Were there any others playing too? lol rip that gym
    Nice buffet - but at Great America??? I never knew that any amusement park would have such a thing.
    BLESS THE RANCH
    The slide looks pretty steep, but I can imagine it was pretty awesome. Reminds me of going down a snowy hill on an inflatable tube.
    Also, for the floaty thingy, I've done a much smaller scale thing in an indoor waterpark before but without the inflatables (ik weird). But this thing looks much more relaxing. When I went to the small version thingy, I almost got buried under people and drowned XD

    Nice vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha lol.

      Thanksss although it was only a day.

      it was hecka fun.

      Delete

Post a Comment