The last day of summer


Today is the last day of summer.

Instead of ranting about how summer passed by so fast, I'll try to stay positive.


     This summer was definitely a pretty fun one. Although my sister made me do work, I got a lot of free time. Since I couldn't play video games, I would play outside almost every day. I'd mainly just find Adesh or Jio to have a Pokemon battle and trade. When the afternoon hit, the weather would be amazing to play basketball, so usually the four of us, Adesh, Jio, Naveen, and I would play a 2v2 or knockout. There was this one time where Naveen and Jio were both on vacation, so when Adesh couldn't play outside, I would use my computer, whether it was blogging or aops. I taught a Rubik's cube class for two hours every Friday, and at the end of the summer around five people knew how to solve the cube. The others were poeple who missed a week or something, which is why I have a second session for them. I also attended a couple of camps with Joshua, including Speech & Debate for two weeks and a band one. I volunteered at the library with Joshua, AND I FREAKING MISSED THE PARTY AT THE END OF THE SUMMER. That's okay though. Now that I think about Pokemon GO, I'm realizing that today is the Eevee community day.
      Towards the end of the summer, I got back into Pokemon GO. I would borrow one of my parents or sister's phone and use it as a hotspot so I could play. I got some wild catches, including Raikou, Houndoom, Rapidash, Granbull, Alolan Exeggutor, Scyther, two Aerodactyls, Miltank, Camerupt, Lanturn, and Magmar. As I approach the school year, I realize that I won't be able to play Pokemon GO as often as I do.
      I also attended a Pokemon TCG event, where I had lots of fun. Speaking of lots of fun, I went to Great America for the second time! That's where I caught my wild Houndoom.


Tomorrow is the first day of school

      I also need to be ready for school. Last year was seriously a long, hard, tiring, school year. Despite getting horrible 3rd quarter grades, I made it though the second semester making it to the honor roll. This year I am READY. I am READY to make it through. I'm already thinking 'bout next year's summer. I should have all my stuff ready. Their is an access period twice a week, plus they are giving out chromebooks. Our school library caught on fire, and our principal quit. We've been under six principal changes(via the independent newspaper). My schedule should be fine. 


      My sister is moving in to Berkeley in two days, which I am trying extremely hard not to think about. This may seem easy for the pretty smart people, but I want to get straight A's at least once this year, and to continue my streak of not missing the honor roll. I got into small trouble last year once because I trolled Mihir and shut off his computer, so I'm not going to do anything as stupid as that. Gee whiz, summer is just so awesome. I love having no homework. I love not having five projects due in a week. 



IM READY



Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a rather productive summer! (unlike me...-_-)
    Glad to see that you are ready for school, and that you are self-reflecting.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment