The first time I felt drunk



I'm the complete opposite of Emerson, who hates running. but is good.

I'm not that good compared to my friends, but I have seemed to develop a serious love of running.



For me, running is a way so stress relieve, brag(cuz people see u run sometimes), exercise, have fun, and feel good afterwards.

My best mile is 6:54, which I actually got just recently. However, most of my friends are better, and they make me salty.

And if you don't already see me or something, Every morning if you go on the outside of the school you'll see me running around teh school. I usually run around 2 laps every day. Why?

My parents drop me off at school pretty early, and for like the first quarter I would go on my chromebook and play games. Then I realized that I could actually run around. That's what I do. Sometimes I grab my friends along and they run with me. Some people call me dumb and stupid for running around the school, something I find unreasonable.

When I joined the cross country team, the first practice I was introduced to running 5 laps. A mile is 2 and a half laps.

I was so frigin scared man. I rly didn't know what to do. I decided to try.

In the hot sun, I was sweating with eczema. I had glasses on and it would always slip off.

On the fourth lap, I quit.

I sat down, and said that I couldn't do another one.

Then one of my friends that I REALLY appreciate today for doing that(evan tian) told me to get up and run another lap. That's what I did.

From there on, I would run 5 laps, and towards the last couple of practices I would run 6.

It's SUPER hard. Really hard. Especially when you're done running, you forget your blue jacket, and you are just lying down, trying not to itch ur neck with the sweat crawling and tingling everywhere.

And it's even harder when you realize that people can LAP you. I was running consistently the entire time with no period of walking, yet some people LAPPED me. Huge amounts of respect for that kind of speed.

Then there are cross country races. Those are in like gravel, and you do not want to be behind because people kick up the gravel and what people call dust storms occur.

But there's something called runner's high.

When you finish a race and you can finally lie down and rest with water, enormous amounts of happiness comes. It makes me so happy.


Sometimes, however, you can get too happy.
Today, 1/17, I ran five HUGE laps around the neighborhood. They are super big laps, and really just the thought scares me. I was originally aiming for five.

I did this because there's a basketball game on Saturday, and there are only gonna be five players coming to that game, meaning that I will have to play the entire game with only timeouts and halftime as rests. This helped make it so that I can get used to being tired. Idk

After I finished those five laps, I was honestly just delighted.


I was high.
Drunk.

Endorphins were released, and after overcoming this huge obstacle I was truly drunk. It feels so weird to be drunk. In the moment I could kinda feel that I was drunk.

I took out the key of my pocket and went to unlock the door. I stuck the key in the doorbell and tried turning. Oops

Then when I went inside my house I immediately started panting and gasping "I DID IT. I REALLY DID IT."

I was moaning.

It felt so weird.

I've never been this happy from running before.



Those five laps were honestly hard, like I said. each I'd say is 3/4 of a mile. idk














But I'm slow.

At those cross country races, I was placed around 90th, while my friends were 40th.

I was slow, and I could tell. After finishing one of my races, my runner's high was pretty good. I was really smiley, but then when I realized that since I was so slow, all of the otterpops were already taken.

I almost started crying.

I hate being slow, and that is what drives me to running around the school everyday. I want to be fast. After these five laps I ran today, I plan on running one everyday when I get home from school.




During the cross country races, I gotta say that the school spirit is awesome. They cheer for you and the feeling is just awesome.





I gotta give some shoutouts.

SHOUTOUT TO MY PHONE, WHICH LETS ME LISTEN TO MUSIC.
SHOUTOUT TO DENNIS AND HIS PARENTS FOR DRIVING ME TO A BUNCH OF XCOUNTRY RACES.
SHOUTOUT TO MY CROSS COUNTRY COACH WHO WAS SUPER NICE
SHOUTOUT TO BANANAS, WHICH ARE AWESOME TO CURE SIDE-ACHES

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST

SHOUTOUT TO MY BLUE JACKET, WHICH I WRAP AROUND MY NECK AFTER THE RACES. IT REALLY PREVENTED A BUNCH OF BLOOD FROM HAPPENING AND IS SUCH A GREAT JACKET.

lol sorry




Lyric(s) of the Post: It's always a good time!
Good Time – Owl City, Carly Rae Jepsen

Comments

  1. Wizwiz coolkid?

    btw this is tony on shreya's computer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job running! I believe Dennis also runs in his free time lol
    2 miles doesn't sound easy (duh)
    Props to Evan Tian for the motivation!
    Wow, finishing 5 laps in your free time must be satisfying.
    I'd say you were more "high" than "drunk" though, because being drunk is more on the "disoriented" or "dizzy" type of feeling, while "high" is closer to euphoria.
    Don't worry about the races. We all have to start somewhere. And competitions make good experience whether you get a high rank or not.

    Very cool of Dennis' family and bananas! >round of applause<
    Sounds like a new hobby/sport!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you saw what that said it was someone trolling. not me

      lol

      Delete

Post a Comment