My first semester of high school


LESGOO BOIS

SEMESTER #1 OUT OF 8 IS COMPLETE XD LESGOOOO



LET'S HOP RIGHT ONTO IT


Grades


Just like a month into the school year I've been struggling, but I've picked it up and here we go. 

I got 66% on a global test and that made me scared.


But later on I got 50% on a bio test...



PE
I got 100% on all the assignment so yeah ez clap. 

SPANISH II
Pretty easy class, had a 94 for the longest time but got a b on a test and it dropped to 92. Then I got an 86 on the final and phew 91% finalized. We passed first semester spanish boiz. Pretty easy, as my teacher is lowkey fire.

HONORS GLOBAL

I had an 83% in the class for the longest time, before grinding and bringing it up, motivated by how I had a chance of getting an A if I could win fanschool.

Everyday I checked, looked at trends and did hecka research. Sometimes I didn't want to but I was second place and I need extra credit badly, as 2nd place gets 2.5% GRADE boost.

So at the end 1st place picked up Gabon and Tonga which had some monkey attack and measles even though Papua New Guinea was going through a REFERENDUM. System rigged, how is someone dying from a monkey more important than possibly a NEW country being created. 

Anyway we finished with second place, and it turns out that everyone was tryhard in our period for fanschool, as top 3 in our class all had more points than first place in 5th period Zuanich. 


So After lots of grinding, I had an 87.7% in the class.
I thought I had a chance. There were three final tests in this class:

1. DBQ about Israel/Palestine
2. Map test
3. Final, 100 multiple choice questions. 


Studied hecka hard for DBQ, wrote my Intro down and did tons of practice.

Result: 100%


SO HAPPY. I did not think my performance deserved an ace but hey lesgoo boi



Next up was the map test, somehting I have been studying for since literally October. Here's Proof. I would take that 20 minute quiz 2-3 times a week. I went from 37% to 70% and 90%. I stopped tracking after November because I found a better quiz on lizardpoint.com. Anyway, I was more than prepared for the map test, and I woke up at 5 the day of the test to review all those rivers and mountains and stuff.

Result: 56/58 96%

Choked on fudging Namibia cuz I was stressed but that and the DBQ brought my grade to a....

89. 

THEN WE GOT EZ FANSCHOOL CASH.

91.5% 

And now the last test was the Final.

I prepared hecka for quizlet and stuff, and after I finished the test 30 minutes early I knew I would come out with an A. I was overjoyed. 



So what did I get.

79 out of...
95. 

83%

My grade...

90.5%

BOI I CLUTCHED OUT TOO HARD LITERALLY SUCH A CLOSE CALL BRUH OH MY GOD BRUH LESGOO


BAND
Was tardy to one thing but other than that I got osme good scores on the playing test so yeah.


BIOLOGY
I'm most going to end up with a b in the class but that's okay, because I once had a c+.



You see during the first quarter I had always thought science was an easy clap because I barely tried and got As in middle school.

And I sat in the back next to a friend of mine...

And I also had Mrs. Fewster, the hardest biology teacher.


So what happens when my naive mind thinks that I don't need to study for the Unit 2 test even though I don't get anything and never paid attention in class?

50%

Straight. Up. 24/48. 

F- xD. 

That brought my a to a c+, 78% so yo bro I got hecka scared.



So from there on I got a 10/10 on a mitosis quiz and it moved up 2% to a B-.


Then I had a Unit 3 test and a 70 point test point carbon cycle project.


THe Carbon Cycle project was a group project, and in my three-person group one of the person barely cared to check the google slides and my other partner was fairly compatible.

So when the project was due on monday and it was Friday, my partner that didn't do anything promised to go on the slides and do a lot of work.

Saturday: Nothing
Sunday: Nothing
Sunday at 8 PM: Nothing
What did respond to my messages? Nothing
What is my stupid garbage idiotic partner worth? Nothing

I started working at 8PM, and as I started "animating" on google slides hours started to pass by.

After lots of convincing my parents let me sleep at 1am.

So I stayed up till 1am, fell asleep instantly in bed, and snuck out at 4am to finish up this 160 slide project. At 5:40 am I snuck back in my bed and pretended to be asleep because my parents somehow value sleep over bad test scores.


I got 3 hours of sleep, and boi was I just so tired during school. 


And since I worked on this project for basically 10 hours in total, I literally forgot there was a Unit 3 test. 

But that skay cuz I got 88% somehow with the 3 hours of sleep lol.

I ended up getting 66/70, which was a 94%.

That moved my grade from an 80.2% to a 85.4%

xD half a letter.

I got an 86% on my Unit 4 test for some reason, and the only way I can end up with an A in this class is if I somehow ace both the 100 test point fast plants presentation and the Final, which is basically 0%.

I'm fine with my final grade. Obviously I highly regret not paying attention because I ended up having to learn it in the end for the final but at least I've got experience and now I know to never do that again. 



HONORS ENGLISH
My Honors English teacher gives no fudigng homework or no fudging tests.

We had a couple of essays, but the most annoying one was a group essay. 

I could legit go on a rant for so long about just how horrible that group essay was but like I'm just gonna leave it as "it was a mess, my partner literally got mad at me because my body paragraph was too short even though his had 8 quotes. LIKE BRUH. I got full points on my body paragraph but my partner got basically the opposite."


My grade right now is a B+ becuase of that god dang essay bruh. 

We did have an in-class essay today so if I get a good score I'll probbaly get an a-. Fingers crossed!



HONORS ALGEBRA II

I'm not even trolling I'm SUPER good at algebra. Like it's so hard to describe I'm just so fudging good at algebra and trash and like NT and Geometry. I'm just so fudging good at algebra.

I didn't try at all and easily got As on the tests. 


But homework and participation was worth like 50% of the grade which is so rigged because i got all full points on homework but I didn't take too many notes cuz god dang that class is so easy so I got so many points docked.

We also got 70% on a group test and at the end I had a 90.1% in the class before the final.

I got HECKA stressed cuz like if I don't come away with an A I'm literally gonna hate myself for the rest of life.

So again I studied for honestly an hour and realized I should be fine for the final. I ended up watching Lakers Bucks instead of studying xD RIGHT before a final.

But that's okay cuz I got 49/50 on the Final. Such an easy clap 98% is just too ez xD. I finished an hour early.


WHy?


BECAUSE IT WAS AN ALGEBRA TEST WITH MULTIPLE CHOICE.

I legitimately bashed everything and definitely didn't take the test as a learning experience. Boi I don't get why they made this multiple choice.

What I am curious about is which question I got wrong. I was really positive I got everything right so I probably had a brain error.


But either way I got 98% on the final and came away with a 90.3% in the class. close call.








WINTER PERCUSSION
So Josh told me to join Winter Percussion and I wanted to check it out and yeah idk why I just loved mallets and I went in the band room to practice vibes after eating lunch instead of plyaing basketball because it was raining. 

I practiced hecka and ended up getting Vibe 1(best vibraphone) so that was really cool. 

I've been practicing this exercise called "spaghetti squash" which is an exercise that trains your four mallet capabilities. 

I practiced that god dang thing hecka to the point where I fudging got a blister. 


It dried up. It hurts so god dang much on my right hand to the point where I have to lowkey grip a pencil differently, and that's an inconvenience considering that I was going to be writing an in-class essay on binder paper. 


But anyway some people call me a god and I gotta thank people like Arthur, Austin, and Maanav, some fellow friends in pleasant pit that taught me a little lot like spaghetti squash. 

I borrowed some vibe mallets and I'm gonna practice spaghetti squash to the point where my fingers are strong enough so that I don't have to take breaks.




Anyway, to wrap things up:

Lots of what I said in the second half of this post still apply. 

I did pretty good on the Finals and I'm so happy this week is over and I get two weeks of freedom. 

I'll definitely for sure be posting during winter break!


Lyric(s) of the Post: Snowing and blowing up bushels of fun
Now the jingle hop has begun
-Jingle Bell Rock




Comments

Post a Comment