Driver's License

 

LETSGOOOOOOOOO

Today at like 10:20 AM, I left campus to take my driving test at 11:00 AM. 

I brought all the documents I need to bring and felt very prepared. The day before, I practiced the route with my dad and also looked over where to park. I chose the stoneridge DMV because I heard that it's significantly easier/shorter than the other DMV.

The test itself was pretty smooth. I'm really proud of myself for maintaining a good speed under the speed limit and my lane switches were very decisive and controlled. Right off the bat on the right turn where I exit the mall I forgot to stop on the red light -_-

The thing is that it's literally a habit for me to stop behind the line and then roll over, but I was just that nervous. After I realized i f***ed up, I just told myself to not think about it. The rest was great, I was just super consistent and honestly just drove really good all-around. I ended up with 5 minor errors, once it reaches 15 then it's considered a fail.

There's not much else to say. I'm really hoping my mom lets me drive to the park by myself now. I've been planning this for a while (december last year). I got my permit right at the 15.5 mark and today -> license, one month after my 16th birthday. Man.... I'm so happy.


I know I average 4 pageviews per post, but I'm still going to write tips for the driving test in reflection and also because it's fun.

  1. Practice a lot. Although it can be approached tehnically with the turns and lane switch rubric, just driving everyday and experiencing every situation possible will help eliminate anything unexpected. Honestly the test isn't that hard. Their passing rate is pretty high and if you sign up for the stoneridge DMV, the route is super straightforward. Just practicing everyday is enough.
  2. Before the test, they ask u:
    1. checking turn signal lights
    2. emergency brake
    3. emergency parking lights
    4. defroster
    5. horn
    6. windshield wipers
    7. hand signals
      1. up = left
      2. straight = right
      3. down = stop
    8. They didn't ask me glovebox, but I've heard that they do ask glovebox, so know that just in case.
  3. Don't lose easy points
    1. this is an extension from #1, but get in a habit of always using the turn signal, as forgetting to use it one time counts as a minor error. The same applies for looking at the blind spot when making a right turn or changing lanes. Just don't lose easy points. 
    2. The hard points is in general like speed, braking elegantly, and maybe like the tightness of a turn, but that can honestly be avoidable too
yea idk what else to say other than I finally got this over. I had a very big vision when I first started this post but idk what else to write.


Lyric(s) of the Post: Following a feeling

Got no reason I should show up
Here tonight, here tonight
And I'm hoping for a signal

Comments