Random Thoughts #2

 

Remember back when I posted "brain dumps?" Think of this as a rebrand of that lol.

  1. https://cavs4tw.blogspot.com/2021/10/simulation-by-vr-album-review.html
    1. I'm SO SORRY TO REWRITE!!! IM SO SORRY!!!! After listening to simulation for another like two weeks, I have a deeper appreciation for rewrite.
      1. The new top 5 ranking should be:
        1. This Could Be Us
        2. Exile
        3. Back in Time
        4. Get Away
        5. Rewrite
      2. Yes, Back In Time moved up two spots, chroma moved down two spots. Get Away moved down one spot. The second drop in Back in Time is just so well-designed and it's just so creative. The ripples and echo-chops is truly brilliant. I cannot stress this enough. The vocal chop transition from drop -> verse in Rewrite is SO GOOD, the melody is SO CATCHY and just so good, I don't know how one can craft a melody like that. It's simplistic, yes. But the melody is...wow
      3. Don't worry is an interesting song. I love the hook, but the dubstep is too much for me to handle. It's an absolute HYPE song to listen to once in a while but it's just too much for me to put on this top 5. I love the hook though.
  2. 10/22 -> something that really bothers me is when people say that cubing is solely based on time and grind. Generally, that's applicable for anything. Cubing is just as unique as anything else, and there is more to being good at it than just memorizing algorithms. Look ahead is a major aspect of every solve that can't really be mastered through memorization. General TPS and fingertricks are also different from memorizing algorithms. It really bothers me, especially when they've never been through the process.
  3. 10/23 ->

    Although this was 2018, this gives me motivation. One day when there's a local competition and they have the skewb event, I'll be heartbroken if I don't at least podium. I average around 4.2 when I'm at home. The meta has obviously improved in 3 years, but I want it so bad... I want it so bad. I've been average at cubing for so long, I haven't gone to a competition 2.5 years. I want it more than anything else... It's going to be my happiest day when it happens.
Lyric(s) of the Post: Baby, don't worry 'bout me baby...

Comments