Goals and Mains for SAC Cubing XI /// First cubing competition in 2.5+ years

 https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/competitions/SacCubingXI2022/registrations


THE TIME HAS ARRIVED

MY LAST COMPETITION WAS IN MAY, 2019. ITS BEEN OVER 2.5 YEARS. THE PAIN AND SUFFERING HAS ENDED AND A NEW ERA HAS BEEN REACHED.


SACREMENTO is hosting their 11th competition. Registration opened on 2/28 at 4 PM and I was so lucky to know that before, as I was at my computer at 4 PM ready to register just in case...AND GOOD THING I DID THAT.

There is a competitor limit of 125 people. There were 86 REGISTERED COMPETITORS AT 4:07 PM, 7 MINUTES AFTER IT OPENED.

The cap filled up 20 minutes after it opened. If you tried to register after 20 minutes, then it would be full and you would be waitlisted.


The competition has skewb, and I BELIEVE THAT THIS COMPETITION wont be cancelled.


GOALS

I signed up for two events: 2x2 and skewb. I didn't sign up for 3x3 because it starts at like 9 AM and that means that I have to wake up at 7 AM since it's a 2-hour drive. By signing up for 2x2 and skewb, I can afford to be there at 10:30 AM to get some extra sleep. I honestly don't care if I miss 3x3. All I want is skewb.

2x2:

I want a Sub-5 single. That will break my official PB of 5.66 which is honestly super bad. 

I want a Sub-8 average. The last time I legitimately practiced 2x2 was more than a year ago, so this is a reasonable goal.


Skewb:

I want a Sub-3 single. Honestly not much to ask for, just need a solid scramble.

I want a Sub-4.5 average. This will likely give me the 1st place. I currently average sub-4.1 at home so this is a very generous goal.

I've literally logged in over 10,000 solves in the past months. I love skewb and I've been grinding it. Before, I was dreaming about a podium. I've gotten to a point where the podium seems super easy, and 1st place is what I'm eye-ing. I'm capable of it.



LETSGOOOO. This will be on March 27, Sunday. It will be amazing. 2.5 years ago, I wasn't good at any event. The only real accomplishment I made was advancing to the second round in 3x3 a couple of times. Making it to 1st place in skewb is something that actually holds worth. I deserve the 1st place. It's not podium anymore for me.

MAINS

2x2: YJ MGC 2x2

Skewb: Cubicle ProShop GAN skewb and Cubicle Angstrom GAN skewb. These two skewbs are practically interchangeable, they're both super good. I really can't decide which is better, so I'll prob just pick a random one.

Lyric(s) of the Post: "Enough is Enough!"

Enough is Enough - Puppet, Cormak, Richard Caddock

Comments