thanksgiving turkey run 2023

 So this is my first race since ppie 2023. I skipped the halloween one cuz I was in college with a midterm.


So originally I was planning on going with Ashwin Allen Joshua and my dad, but Josh tells me he hurt his hip at like 1 AM and then Ashwin says he's sore at like 3 AM so then Allen says he doesnt wanna come at 6 AM.


πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ


So theres like no way all 3 of them have a valid excuse realistically speaking but like idrc man its just htat i had to wake 30 extra min early for nothing now.


Here's how the run went. It went better htan I thought:

Mile 1: I started off pretty fast but it didn't feel that bad. When I hit the 1 mile mark strava told me that my first mile in was like 8:06 so I was like "DANG that didnt feel that fast"

Mile 2-4: These next 3 miles literally FLEW by for some reason. I remember when I hit mile 3 and mile 4 I was just like "huh, that didnt feel that far" but I guess I was just super enveloped in the music or something but thats definitely nice to have, to have time fly by like this

Mile 4-6: Super tough, the last mile I went super hard and literally was sprinting but going so slow, thats how gassed I was. That last mile I really put a ton of energy into it. 




Overall this is pretty insane and it didn't even feel that bad, just that last mile was so tough but most 10ks are like that anyway. I didn't experience any sideaches and I also had to stop twice to tie my shoe, so I can def get under 8 minute pace running a proper 6.25 10k. That's nice to know, hope I can do that one day.

Afterwards I snaked like 12 clif bars from their booth and a banana and stuff and yea its just a solid run. I met some ppl from amador including one from band and like 5 ppl that are in my grade in the track team so that was cool to see them.

Lyric(s) of the Post:





Comments