Halloween Spirit Run 2021

2019 -  http://cavs4tw.blogspot.com/2019/10/halloween-spirit-run.html


It's been two years since I entered a race. I forgot how fun these are. 


This one was at alameda fairgrounds instad of downtown, and there were so many more booths and so many more people. When I got there at 8:10(the race started at 8:30), there waws a guy leading the pack of ppl in stretching, but i didnt really care.


After waiting for a while, we headed towards the S/F line at around 8:25.

There were around 663 racers this year compared to 448 in 2019. The starting/finishing timing chip in your bib was the same from 2019.


and 3...2...1...GO


MILE 1: I started off by listening to JJ Redick's podcast episode with Gabrielle Union and then after a solid 5 minutes I was legit so bored. That conversation was so stale LOL. So then I went to Thybulle's interview and there was some nice things.


Anyway, mile 1 went pretty well. My plan was to go at a comfortable pace the first 4 miles.


MILE 2: I think we moved down the bridge into a park. This mile was pretty smooth in general, and some people passed me cuz I was just that slow


MILE 3: Same pace as the previous 2 miles. I have too much experience with steadiness.


MILE 4: same thing... There was a water station after mile 2 and mile 4 but taking a break from running kinda ruins the flow so I skipped it. I remember we crossed a ton of streets (covered in traffic cones) which was super cool.


MILE 5: When I saw that I ran 4 miles, I stepped up my pace. I began passing by people one at a time. I would say I moved to like a 8:00 mile pace


MILE 6 (and the rest): Absolutely sprinted this final mile. Probably like 7:15 pace or something but man I was dying. I passed a ton of people too. I was going so fast.



FINAL TIME: 54:51

Overall, I feel like my strategy was pretty foolproof. If I were to do this again, I would step up my pace in the first 4 miles as I think it's possible. My PB 10k is 52:00 around. I felt that I ran slower than a 54:51 because of how slow my pace was the first 4 miles.. like os many people passed me lm*o.

Anyway, I was exhausted.

In the refreshers table there was ice cream, water, fruit snacks, cookies, candy, capri sun, and nutri-grain bars. I drank h*lla caprisuns lol. 


The overall winner of 10k was the same age group as me and he got 38:00. Nothing but respect.


Another medal to add. I'll take 2nd.

I'll see the Pleasanton Rotary club again on Thanksgiving!


Lyric(s) of the Post:

 if I miss my mark

just pull me back down where I can feel
some comfort in
in my own head
my voice within

and it can be enough
it can be enough
when your effort's stuck
let it be enough

Comments